Maragarine Or Butter

Decorating By momma28 Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm by GenGen

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 8

how much will using margarine change the taste of a cake. Will I need to omit salt in the recipe.

7 replies
wardshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wardshar Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 8

I always use margarine in cakes and the flavor is just the same!

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 8

I could kiss the screen icon_smile.gif That is just the answer I was hoping for . Do you adjust your salt at all?

wardshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wardshar Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 8

I never add any salt....it'll tast great honest!

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 8

I have been making cakes for years and only use margerine, (apart from my son's wedding cake),usually with vanilla extract. I have never had anyone complain about the taste, quite the opposite.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 8

when it comes to baking i just prefer the texture i get from my foods when i use butter. unless the recipe specifically calls for margarine. you can now also find that smart balance 50/50; hubby loves the stuff

GenGen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 8

when it comes to baking i just prefer the texture i get from my foods when i use butter. unless the recipe specifically calls for margarine. you can now also find that smart balance 50/50; hubby loves the stuff

GenGen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%