Help With Flowers On Cake Please

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 4:56am by all4cake

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 7

This is a buttercream covered cake. These are some heavy RI flowers. How are they getting them to stay on? Thanks in advance.

PS. If you cannot see the picture try right clicking on the pic, and then click on "show picture".
LL

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 7

I can't get the picture to open no matter how I try it, but it seems to be an issue with the site lately.

I suggest making the flowers on toothpicks and then insert them into the cake

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 7

i second the idea about toothpicks....

i cant see the photos.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 7

Truth be told, toothpicks render something "inedible" and add the risk that if accidentally left behind in the cake, someone could be hurt.

Making them on thin lollipop sticks or thick uncooked pasta (bucatti) allows them to be classified as edible.

HTH
Rae

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 7

I like the pasta idea. I know when I use gumpaste flowers on a cake I insert them into straws so that they dont cut up the cake. But with buttercream flowers why not use just royal icing and prop them up with something until they dry?

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:36am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Truth be told, toothpicks render something "inedible" and add the risk that if accidentally left behind in the cake, someone could be hurt.

Making them on thin lollipop sticks or thick uncooked pasta (bucatti) allows them to be classified as edible.

HTH
Rae

Thank you. I didn't think of that.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #7 of 7

I wouldn't use anything....just make them, allow them to air dry several days. Then, attach them using buttercream leaves.

Pretty much all my cakes that have flowers, have r/i flowers(except that last peach one in my pictures...those are b/c attached with b/c) and I've never had them fall off during transporting them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%