Double German Chocolate Cake - Anyone Heard Of This???

Baking By Steffen74 Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 10:58pm by grama_j

Steffen74 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for a recipe for a "double german chocolate cake". I'm not sure exactly what this is, but my friend keeps telling me her grandmother made it and it was the best cake, etc. I want to make it as a surprise for her birthday but am having no luck finding a recipe. Anyone heard of this???

Thanks in advance!
Cathy

5 replies
sweeteecakes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 6

I have not heard of this ever. I google it and didn't see anything. Could it be that her grandmother used a different kind of chocolate? Or maybe she added chocolate to her frosting. It sounds delicious though.

Steffen74 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 6

I know...I googled it too. I'm hoping that someone who may be a "grandma" on here or who has a baking grandma will know...icon_smile.gif

Jayde Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 6

My grandmother makes a German chocolate cake that has mini chocolate chips in the pecan/coconut frosting.

I found this online, might this be what you are looking for?

http://chockylit.blogspot.com/2005/10/german-chocolate-cupcakes-with-milk.html

You know what you could do is make a batch of cupcakes, add chocolate filling in one, dip one in melted chocolate, add chocolate chips to the frosting in one, etc. mainly add another chocolate element in each cupcake but in a different way. Then write her a nice note or card, and say I wanted to find a recipe for double German chocolate cake, but I found too many and knew I wouldnt pick the right one, so you tell me which one is the best, and that will be your cake next year, or something similar.

HTH

Steffen74 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you - that recipe looks yummy yummy. I like your idea...icon_smile.gif

grama_j Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

This may be reaching, but could she just mean a "torted" german chocolate cake ? It would make "double" the layers........ just a thought......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%