[B]Need Help Urgently With Pricing This Cake![/b]

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm by Trixyinaz

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me with how much I should charge for a particular cake. It will be a 12 x 18 cake, buttercream frosting and filling, buttercream decorations. Also will have a large Fondant Christening gown draped over the top and a pair of baby booties on the cake board. How much would something like this go for? I am giving my friend a discount because I know she has no money to spare, but I know her pregnant friend will ask how much and do not plan to give her a discount so I need to know how much to tell her. If it helps, I live in Long Island, NY. Not a real well to do spot in LI, but not a poor area. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know of any templates on how to do a christening dress? I was just going to try and mess around to do it, but would rather have a template if possible. I saw a gorgeous cake online here but I didn't see a template.

Anyhow, thanks!

Christine

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 3

How much is it going to cost you to make it? You can't figure out how much to charge until you have an idea of how much you are spending.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 3

12x18 single layer cake serves 54 ppl. If you are making a double layer cake, that would serve 108 ppl - approximately.

I'm assuming you are doing a single layer and torting it. For one of my basic cakes - chocolate, white, yellow, strawberry, etc with BC icing and fondant accents as you describe, I would charge as follows:

Single layer torted and filled with BC = $121.50
Fondant booties = $15.00 (guestimate, depending on details)
Fondant Gown = $20.00 (guestimate, depending on details)
Total: $155.50

That's me anyway. I'm in Michigan FWIW.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%