Gelitan Flower Tips?

Decorating By mellormom Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 11:54am by mellormom

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 7

My friends and I are going to be making Gelatin flowers for the first time and Don't have a a lot of time together at once so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips on making them. This way we can maximize our time together. icon_smile.gif Those darn kids schedules they always get in the way! icon_lol.gif
Jen...

6 replies
mellormom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:14am
post #2 of 7

bumping myself. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:35am
post #3 of 7

I just saw your post and wish I could answer , but I can't . I just want to wish you good luck those are beautiful and to say please post us a picture, maybe you'll be able to help someone. It doesn't seem like many have done these here but the responses. Have fun!!!!

mellormom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:39am
post #4 of 7

will do! Thanks! We are looking forward to trying it but only have a few hours so we wanted to know any pitfalls first. Trying to get a leg up! icon_wink.gif
Jen...

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:50am
post #5 of 7

I found the most time consuming part was making the wires for dipping. If you could have some made of different sizes that would help you with your time together.

Once the dipping begins it's fairly quick, except for the drying time.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:50am
post #6 of 7

Yeah, the time factor is unbelievable on making cake things. Unless you do it people don't even get it. With children factored in all I can say is God Bless, I hate starting and stopping.

mellormom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:54am
post #7 of 7

Thanks! The kids will be gone that is why we only have a few hours till they get back. icon_rolleyes.gif Mine is in preschool and it only lasts so long.
We will definitely take you advice and make the wires ahead of time.
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%