Help! Need Ideas For A Craft Fair Soon!

Decorating By DoubleA Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 2:38pm by jammjenks

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there all you creative friends! My employer (hospital) is hosting a craft fair for its employees to "show their stuff" next month. I have entered my name, but now I'm scared silly thinking that I don't have enough ideas of cakes, cuppies, cake balls, and stuff. icon_surprised.gif It will last about 10 hours. I would like to have pictures of past cakes in a portfolio (very small), and cookie bouquets, cup cakes, cake balls for sale, and one or two real show stopper cakes as demos that would maybe prompt some orders. icon_smile.gif It is held on Oct 29, so should I concentrate on Halloween? Should I include some Thanksgiving stuff? Some Christmas ideas? What?!?! icon_confused.gif

I've not done this before, so what I'm asking is...does it seem like enough? how much of each should I make? I don't even know enough to ask good questions! icon_cry.gif

Y'all please help me!

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 4

I just peeked at your website and you have some pretty cakes on there. I really like the oval with the stork (I think it was a stork).

How much space will you have? I would suggest doing as much of a variety as you can. Maybe you could do one for Christmas, one for Halloween/Fall, etc. In my opinion, the taller the cake is the more attention it gets. If you do a 5 or 6 tiered wedding cake from styrofoam you'll probably get lots of attention....and we know that will probably lead to more orders.

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your advice, Jammjenks! And you are very kind for your comments about my cakes, I really appreciate that. I'm looking for ideas as we speak and will start to work on designs this weekend. I'm so nervous and excited I son't know whether to flip or fly!icon_smile.gif
BTW, your web site is great! Very Professional and OMG, your cakes are beautiful! You have alot more of them under your belt than I. I'm still getting started in decorating, but I have been baking a long time! I hope my expertise continues to improve so I can do as well as you have.
Thanks again for your reply and wish me luck!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 4

I am going to email you in a little bit. I have saved some pics that I want to use as a display in our town's Apple Festival on 10/18. They are a good variety and ones I think I can duplicate easily if someone should order them. Maybe they'll give you some inspiration as they did me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%