Survivor Gabon

Lounge By michellenj Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 10:59pm by kandu001

michellenj Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 91

Is anyone else excited? I read that it's so good that they had to do a 2 hour premiere show, instead of the usual 1 hour show. Can't wait!

90 replies
butternut Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 91

I'm right there with ya thumbs_up.gif Getting my popcorn bowl out already.

abslu Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 91

I am SO excited! Hubby is picking up a pizza so I don't have to cook!!!! I also have a cake due tomorrow, now that I know it's a 2 hour show, I gotta boogy home after work and get my butt decorating!!! Thankfully it's an easy one!! Is there a Survivor discussion group/thread we can start for Fridays? I always had a pow-wow with my friends at my old job on Friday morning so we could analyze the previous night's show. That might be fun to start!!!

Ohara Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 91

I can't wait!! I love Survivor. thumbs_up.gif

juleskaye518 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 91

You all got to go to www.twop.com It is called Television Without Pity. They watch the show and they give thier own interpretation about the happenings. Sometimes it is very funny. There is a little language sometimes, but it is pretty good. Then you can grade the episodes.

michellenj Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by abslu

Is there a Survivor discussion group/thread we can start for Fridays? I always had a pow-wow with my friends at my old job on Friday morning so we could analyze the previous night's show. That might be fun to start!!!

With Big Brother we just use one thread. What do y'all think? Multiple threads, or just the one for the season? Whatever we do-I'M IN!

Here is my favorite Survivor site: www.survivorsucks.com

juleskaye518 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 91

I like the idea of one thread so we can find it.

butternut Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 91

I'm in for one thread toooooo.

barbaranoel Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #9 of 91

I'm taping it now!! Its one hour into it so I can skip all the commercials.

Barb

michellenj Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:22am
post #10 of 91

They're off to a great start! I think the first person eliminated was a great person to get rid of, the second one should have just shut up and worked, and would have stayed , IMHO. There have been much weaker players that have stayed much longer in past seasons, but they kind of went under the radar (like Cirie).

butternut Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:59am
post #11 of 91

Ya know, it never ceases to amaze me how they talk at tribal council. I mean, if I felt that there was a chance that I was going to be voted off, I wouldn't sit there and talk bad about everyone. Geeez, that's just stupid! I thought it was really clever how they made the fish hook and actually caught fish with it. Pretty resourceful. It looks like an interesting bunch.

JoAnnB Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 91

Unfortunately, I am a Survivor Junkie. I have to watch. But I am constantly amazed that after all these years, the idiots act like they never even saw a show. They don't wear the right clothes, they act surprised that they are miserable. They are stunningly dense, sometimes.

for example, the Olympian who complained about having to climb a hill in a dress- why are you wearing a dress in the first place!!!!

In any case, it was a very interesting start.

Ohara Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:08pm
post #13 of 91

JoAnnB....EXACTLY!!! I was just saying the same thing about what they were wearing. I also wonder if they have ever watched the show before. Some of the new survivors never cease to amaze me. icon_confused.gif

michellenj Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #14 of 91

You would think by now that they would be wearing layers and layers of things under their clothes-and wearing sensible shoes!

I was very surprised at what a wimp the amazon lady olympian was when they were climbing the hill.

It was a good thing to get rid of Gillian early. She was annoying. Bony girl, too. She was a major complainer.

JoAnnB Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:51pm
post #15 of 91

Yes, Bony girl was truly pitiful. even when she left tribal council, she was still wearing basically her under wear. She was so whining about being so cold-and thought the rest of her team was 'retarded' she should have been slapped.

SugarFrosted Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm
post #16 of 91

My husband and I were discussing the show and we figure that the contestants were maybe brought together and "surprised" and that's why many were dressed in completely inappropriate clothing. The show probably does not want them to have the advantage of knowing when they will leave. That is the only reason I can imagine why a guy would be wearing a suit and TIE and a woman might be wearing a dress. It appeared that a few were prepared for it though, with layers and proper shoes.

Crystal, the Olympic gold-medalist athlete, is a 400 meter relay runner...she runs a quarter mile on a flat track. Sure, she was wearing a dress, but she was wearing athletic shoes. I was quite surprised that anyone made it up that hill without difficulty.

lisad1 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:40am
post #17 of 91

I love survivor, but I'm always amazed that these new contestants never benifit from past shows too. They are able to choose their own team...and there is always a group of strong healthy players that work great as a team, and the misfits that can't even talk without fighting, let alone be a team. I don't know about you, but if staying on the show and winning ammunity was a priority, I'd be picking the studs! (who am I kidding, i would have done that anyway icon_wink.gif )

Does anybody have survivor pools? We have a family pool, and a work pool. It adds to the fun of watching each week...so far I have lucked out, still have all 4 of my guys! Woo-hoo! thumbs_up.gif

barbaranoel Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:10pm
post #18 of 91

Answer me this.... It was like day one or two and they were looking for and eating termites!!! That should be saved for day ten or twelve with no food. You don't do that right away!

And why would they choose the older lady - Louise, I think. Her reasoning was, "Us moms should stick together"

Barb

Ironbaker Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 3:02am
post #19 of 91

That was one of the silliest reasons for picking someone for a team. Unless that mom was a gladiator, I'd have to think again.

That hill did seem pretty tough but Crystal looks to be in really good shape. I still expected her to do a little better than that and not have to literally be pulled. Bony girl even made it way ahead of her.

I was laughing at GC's face at tribal when they were suggesting he be the leader. He did not want to do it! icon_lol.gif I didn't blame him, it's the kiss of death. He was too young for it anyway.

I was sooo conflicted Thursday. 2 hour Survivor, 1 hour Office premier and 2 hours of Grey's Anatomy. That wasn't fair.

Now for Amazing Race tomorrow...

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:00am
post #20 of 91

Survivor, Survivor! How will I fit all these shows into my schedule?! I can only record 2 shows on my dvr at a time & I have to watch one of the shows being recorded. You'd think with technology these days we'd be able to dvr more then 2 shows at a time! LOL! Agggghhh!!

I think this Survivor will have a lot of fights on it. Seems everyone isn't getting along already. Go figure~

sweet_tooth55 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:31am
post #21 of 91

i love survivor. my favorite player this season is Bob. i hope they don't start to take advantage of him though.

michellenj Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:48am
post #22 of 91

I hope they arrange the Veep debate around Survivor!

HaileysMom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:57pm
post #23 of 91

I agree that Bob is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what he pulls out of his hat this season. And the teams? Yeah, I was laughing when the one mom picked the other mom solely because "us moms have to stick together" but moms do have a common bond that can probably be helpful when the homesickness kicks in. Anyways, I'm an avid survivor fan and looking forward to this season as well.

Stephanie

melodyscakes Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:17pm
post #24 of 91

whoohooo! It's on tonight!! well, depending on the vice pres. debates.
I miss big brother though, you get to see more of the going ons
wonder who is going tonight?

melody

SugarFrosted Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:36pm
post #25 of 91

I'd like to see Randy go...he's so negative...

HaileysMom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #26 of 91

icon_cry.gif I didn't get to see it last night...I just started a new job and am gone 13-14 hours a day and didn't set the VCR to record. Can anyone fill me in on a general gist/idea of what happened? I probably won't get a chance to sit in front of the computer for an hour even if they have the episodes available online to view. This new job is SO exhausting.
Stephanie

lisad1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:02pm
post #27 of 91

Haileysmom, even if you don't have time to watch th episode, they still have a full written recap of the show at cbs. Paloma was the third person voted out...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/recaps/1703/?season=17

michellenj Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:48pm
post #28 of 91

Paloma was a goober. She needed to go. Do any of you watch "The Office"? She reminded me so much of Kelly Kapoor.

I was surprised that the professional gamer beat the physicist (or whatever he is) in the math puzzle challenge. Crystal did a great job pulling people off the poles. I think she could have hung with the men on that one.

michellenj Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #29 of 91

Poor Jackie. I was kind of surprised the voted her off. Oh well!

butternut Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 1:34am
post #30 of 91

Yeah, I think Kelly should have been the one to go. She certainly is the weakest link....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%