Where To Buy Tylose In Toronto

Decorating By jordanaz Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm by Frangygirl

jordanaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jordanaz Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hey, I just joined this forum and I'm not sure if I'm asking my question in the right forum, so I'm sorry if I didn't!

Anyways, I'm making my sisters wedding cake in a bunch of months (ahhh!) and a lot of fondant recipes are calling for Tylose, and I have NO idea where to buy that from! I live just north of Toronto, so anything around that area would be great. Or if there are any cake supply stores that anyone knows of? Orrr you could send me to a link of another forum topic if there already is one with the answers... I just didn't know where to find it. Thanks

icon_smile.gif

5 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried Creative Cutters... www.creativecutters.com?

They are so helpful and have lots of great supplies there. They are in Richmond Hill, Elgin Mills just west of the 404 between Leslie and Bayview. Go visit...it's amazing in there.

jordanaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jordanaz Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 6

oh my goodness, amazing. I've never known of any cake stores except Michael's that has some things. This store will be perfect! Thank you!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 6

I just bought some tylose from goldas kitchen. I believe it's 55g and i paid something like 4.95can for it. My cake shop in town charges ...17.78can for the same amount...yikes. So i think goldas is a steal.;0) I had it ordered on saturd.and got it by wed. Its in canadian funds so no duty to pay either..bonus!. HTH

suzanne

fancyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fancyface Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 6

you can also try Mc call's school of cake decoration, they are at 3810 bloor st, kipling & bloor if they don't have tylose you can also use either cmc or Gum Tragacanth (but its more expensive)
HTH
michelle

Frangygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frangygirl Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 6

Hey there, try www.goldaskitchen.com, they're in Mississauga......they have loads of goodies there......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%