My Fall Leaves Wedding Cake...

Decorating By cakegal Updated 15 Aug 2005 , 4:53pm by SweetCreations

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 7

Whew! glad that's done and over with....What a week..
The weather here has been in the 90's and very humid...ugh...I bakes on Wed. and Thurs., then crumb coated Thurs. evening...put them in boxes and covered them with plastic bags....Fri. I put the final icing on...then did my basket weaving..
The bride wanted lots of leaves on her cake....and that's what she got... I hope I didn't over kill on it..lol..
I had to change the bottom cake from an 18" cake to two 1/2 sheet cakes because the 18" sq. didn't fit right in my oven...and I would have had a very uneven cake...hubby's gonna have to make me a metal rod of some kind to put in the front of the pan so it's level...
Anyways. I starte 6:30 Sat. morning putting as many of the leaves on as I could...then went up to the hall around 8:00am...then back home to get ready to be at the church by 12:00 to start with the photographn... Didn't get home til after 9:00pm... I was really one tired puppy...
Sorry for this being so long a post...
My photo is posted in the contemporary wedding cake section..
Oh,.... and I got another cake order at the wedding for a FALL WEDDING CAKE in September....
Thanks for looking,
cakegal

6 replies
unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 7

i loved that cake i have a fall wedding to do next year ... and am lookin for ideas i may just use this icon_lol.gif

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 7

WOW cakegal that cake is BEAUTIFUL, I just love the 1/2 sheet on the bottom. What are the things called in between the layers you used to stack, I don't think I have ever seen those before, they are really prettyicon_smile.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 7

I think the fall leaves look really nice. I like the way you did the bottom tier...it goes well with the design! thumbs_up.gif
traci

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 12:55am
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the kind compliments everyone....
I just love this place... I get soooo many helpful hints and ideas...
Happy baking,
cakegal icon_biggrin.gif

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 7

Your cake is Beautiful - you did such a great job! thumbs_up.gif

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 7

Just Beautiful! Loveeeeeeee ITTTTTTTTT!

~Sweet~=0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%