I'm So Excited...

Decorating By catin Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm by MacsMom

catin Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 5

I just bought the Wilton's Gumpaste tool kit (thanks toMichael's 50% off coupon )and cutters... with working with Fondant and fondant figures for a while I'm jumping of joy now . The possiblities are endless . Can anyone tell me if there's tutorials on how to use these correctly ?

I got a call from my Aunt wanting me to make my Cousin's Baby Shower Cake and she requested that the colors must be Pink with Chrysanthemums cause that will be the month's Flower .

Can anyone help me out? I want to start as soon as possible ...Shower is scheduled for the begining of November ...

Thanks again

4 replies
DFND Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 5

I just bought that same tool set on Saturday with the 50% coupon as well, I've been eye balling it for quite sometime. I can't help you on how to use each tool, but I am taking a gumpaste flower class at Lorraines in Hanover and I'm so excited to get started. Look into take a class.

Good luck.

kakeladi Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 5

There is another thread on how to make mums where there are pix for you to follow. Quite easy...
I just spend 1/2 the night making some icon_smile.gif

As for directions on making figures etc, there are v ideos right on the home pg of this site....those will lead you to others.
Also, any books on polymer clay will help....same technique, different medium usedicon_smile.gif

Sandy2008 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

Here is a link for a tutorial. You can also search Youtube for more info. Cake central may have some tutorials on the home page regarding gum paste. Hope this helps. Have fun!

MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 5

Well heck... Wilton has a gumpaste flower kit with cutters, tools and a instructional book for $19.99 at Michaels

Here's another 50% coupon http://www.michaels.com/coupons/09222008222750/coupon.html

If you Google "gumpaste flower tutorial", you'll find some. Try YouTube.com as well.

Basically, you should have the thin foam to use the ball tipped tool to thin the edges of the flower petals. Depending on what type of flower you are making, there are various ways to do petals and such.

Quote by @%username% on %date%