Hair Help!!

Decorating By pinay_ako Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm by tjrobin31

pinay_ako Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:04am
post #1 of 8

hello. i was practicing my first 3d lady figure in fondant but i dont know how to do the hair. i have a sugar gun and do you really have to press alot before you could have those long strands of hair?

hope someone could help me with this. thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #2 of 8

Yes, you have to press a lot to get long strands. Mix your fondant with quite a bit of veg shortening to make it easier to press thru the gun.

PatrysV Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 8

Hi!
I don't doit thatway - to much work! icon_wink.gif
I take a thickish piece of fondant, in the colour a want and then stretch it out with my fingers until it is the shape of a wig (long / short hair) If it is long hair, I cut the ends hap-hazardly and roll them between my fingers and then scratch it with my scalpel so that it looks like haair lying in a spesifice direction.... icon_confused.gif Hope you understand...here's some examples.
LL
LL

CakeWhizz Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 8

Aine2 (aka Lorraine her website is http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/) has a great tutorial on youtube and on this site for making hair.

aine2 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 8
alvarezmom Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the site! Man, the little lady she did was AWESOME!

cylstrial Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

This might help too. http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm thumbs_up.gif

Thank you so much for making that slideshow!! It's awesome!!

tjrobin31 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 8

okay this may sound unusual, but i use my step daughters old playdoh
barber shop thingy majig to make hair, then form it from there however i need it to be,
yes, it has been cleaned and sterilized, but it works for me...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%