Look At This Tool!!!

Decorating By jenny518 Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 11:25am by disneynutbsv

jenny518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny518 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 18

I have got to try this- anyone have it????
http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=BE2564&c2p=hp

17 replies
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:55am
post #2 of 18

I wonder how well the scraping surface holds up. It has a 1 year guarantee, but the normal beaters last forever.

ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 18

I think that sounds so cool, but it must be silicone on the end so I bet there is a life span to it, but neat idea!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:50am
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats

I wonder how well the scraping surface holds up. It has a 1 year guarantee, but the normal beaters last forever.

Suzy dear, do you realize that "sweats" means 'perspires?' Yes it is spelled the same as "treats" but it is not pronounced like "sweets."

Just thought you should know!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:16am
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:

Suzy dear, do you realize that "sweats" means 'perspires?' Yes it is spelled the same as "treats" but it is not pronounced like "sweets."

Wow you're sharp! I never noticed that one.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #6 of 18

Although perhaps better pointed out to her in a PM...

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:41am
post #7 of 18

I just recieved this, I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you all know how it works, it look like it will work good though, I turned it on and it scrapes all around the bowl, just haven't had to make frosting yet.

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:52am
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

Quote:

Quote:

Yes I know. Itâs been a running joke for years. Its amazing how few people catch it.
icon_biggrin.gif THANKS

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:59am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I know. Itâs been a running joke for years. Its amazing hoe few people catch it.
Very Happy THANKS

Ahh. she's a good sport! That's what I like to see! I think we have a running joke for every member of my family. We all love em.

As for the tool, it looks cool but how would it really hold up? Someone get one then let me know!! Thank you!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:17am
post #10 of 18

I have one, but I've only had it for 2 weeks. It works pretty good. It gets all of the frosting and batter off the sides of the bowl. So i don't have to stop and scrape like usual.

edited to add....I bought mine from amazon and It's the one with the pink scraper part icon_lol.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:56am
post #11 of 18

Has anyone tried it with cookie dough? Does it attach to the blade or is it all one piece? Since KA didn't make it is anyone concerned that it won't fit properly? KA is probably kicking themselves they didn't think of it -- or they're scrambling to make one of their own.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:59am
post #12 of 18

Mine fit fine. I haven't tried it with cookie dough yet. That will have to a project for tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:30pm
post #13 of 18

I have it and LOVE it! I'm trying to remember if I've made cookies with it-I'm sure I have, but just can't remember what kind.

It is all one piece.

Love it!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #14 of 18

very interesting... i think for icing it would be great...

must think about buying it icon_smile.gif

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:15pm
post #15 of 18

Ok, I just mixed up a batch of cookies: a batch of sugar cookies-stiff dough and this worked just fine.

I really like how it scrapes down the sides of the bowl and also gets to that dimple in the bottom of the bowl.

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:56pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

Quote:

Quote:

Yes I know. Itâs been a running joke for years. Its amazing how few people catch it.
icon_biggrin.gif THANKS

Most people will look at the context, and not notice the spelling.

âAoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosnât mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.â

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:20am
post #17 of 18

I have seen a similar type paddle attachment for a KA. I can't remember who made it or what exactly it was called - "swiper" seems to ring a bell. It wasn't this one, though?? Here's a link to a thread about it, I think:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=584162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:25am
post #18 of 18

I have this! I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%