Indydebi's Buttercream And Hi-Ratio..

Decorating By thecakebox Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 8:22pm by SweetStuff30

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:28am
post #1 of 5

Do you substitute 1 for 1 or should I be reducing the amount of crisco for hi-ratio?? Help please! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 5

Debi emailed me because I asked her and she still uses crisco not hi ratio and has not had any issues since the change. I was going to go crazy and buy the high ratio, but I am going to try hers with reg crisco first. I need my buttercream to crust to do an impression mat.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 5

Hi,

I have also used indydebi's bc with Crisco, in fact I'm using it this weekend for a BIG wedding cake because it's supposed to be rainy and humid this weekend icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I was having a lot of trans fat free Crisco issues, and than I read about her recipe using the Crisco and standing up well in the heat so I decided to give it a try. It really does crust well and I don't seem to get the shiny, wet look that I was getting with other recipes using Crisco. I think the Dream Whip is the reason, it seems to stabilize the icing.

I'm not sure about the hi-ratio conversion as I've never used it, maybe if indydebi doesn't see this tonight, you could PM her and ask, she's always willing to help.

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

I just like the taste of the hi ratio better, but thanks anyway! giving myself a bump..

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 5

What does her recipie yield? It dosnt say.. or im just blind!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%