Indydebi's Buttercream And Hi-Ratio..

Decorating By thecakebox Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 8:22pm by SweetStuff30

thecakebox Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:28am
post #1 of 5

Do you substitute 1 for 1 or should I be reducing the amount of crisco for hi-ratio?? Help please! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
ccarroca Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 5

Debi emailed me because I asked her and she still uses crisco not hi ratio and has not had any issues since the change. I was going to go crazy and buy the high ratio, but I am going to try hers with reg crisco first. I need my buttercream to crust to do an impression mat.

Deb_ Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 5

I have also used indydebi's bc with Crisco, in fact I'm using it this weekend for a BIG wedding cake because it's supposed to be rainy and humid this weekend icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I was having a lot of trans fat free Crisco issues, and than I read about her recipe using the Crisco and standing up well in the heat so I decided to give it a try. It really does crust well and I don't seem to get the shiny, wet look that I was getting with other recipes using Crisco. I think the Dream Whip is the reason, it seems to stabilize the icing.

I'm not sure about the hi-ratio conversion as I've never used it, maybe if indydebi doesn't see this tonight, you could PM her and ask, she's always willing to help.

thecakebox Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

I just like the taste of the hi ratio better, but thanks anyway! giving myself a bump..

SweetStuff30 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 5

What does her recipie yield? It dosnt say.. or im just blind!

Quote by @%username% on %date%