So This New Tide....

Lounge By lovinkakes Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 8:20pm by kjt

lovinkakes Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 6

This new tide is apparently 2x as strong but a smaller size. So I pay alot but apparently I'm supposed to remember to use only a tiny amount! Everything is getting smaller from Cheerios (cereal) to now Tide!!

5 replies
Honeydukes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:10am
post #2 of 6

icon_mad.gif I hate that!!! They re-package products into smaller amounts, but keep the price the same. I did notice on my soap that it says for large loads fill to the #2 line. But there are three lines. So if you aren't paying attention, you fill to the top and use too much soap. Why put a #3 line if 2 will suffice?? icon_confused.gif

There was a story on the news recently about product re-packaging. The one that got most people riled up -- ice cream. You can hardly find an actual half-gallon of ice cream. Give me the the half-gallon and charge me for it.

mocakes Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 6

Don't get me started on Tide 2x!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Ever since it came out, my clothes STINK!! Especially the towels and washcloths! They smell like mold and mildew!

Yes....I have only been filling it up to the smallest line and YES....I have even done the second rinse to get rid of the soapy residue. I HATE it!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I sent Tide an email and told them I have used it my whole life...even my mom used it...but now my clothes stink with this new product. They sent me a $5.00 off coupon. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Why would I go out and buy more? Did you not get that my clothes stink????

Anyway, it was a nice customer service gesture! thumbs_up.gif I just want my OLD Tide back!!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah...Don't get me started on that dam liquid either....I bought some the last grocery shop and it says I will get 32 loads from it...That is crap!!! I got about 25 loads and I didn't over flow the cup thingy either!! and yes...My clothes smelled too perfumy...I think I am going back to the powder!!

sweetness_221 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 6

I'm not sure about Tide, but I use Era and they also started using a smaller container. I honestly haven't seen a difference in the amount of loads I get or the smell. I always used Era instead of tide just because it was cheaper, plus it works just as well. As for everything else getting smaller but charging the same price, have you seen the ice cream containers? They are about a pint smaller then they used to be, but they charge the same if not more for them. It just frustrates me.

kjt Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 6

Try the All, Small and Mighty...the cap is very small, so it's hard to use too much. I love the smell-just smells really "clean". I do have a front load washer, so I buy the HE formula, but I imagine it all smells pretty much the same - pun intended! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%