Instructions On How To Do This Cake Please.

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 2:05pm by mixinvixen

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 10

Hi. How do I make stairs in a cake? I'd love some instructions. If it is in a book, tell me the name and I will buy it. Is it on a website? Please give me the address. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif
LL

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 10

Just looks carved with a fondant carpet.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 10

exactly as leahs said, though certainly not the same thing, this looks much more polished, but i carved stairs in a tree stump for lady bugs a month or two ago. super easy.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 10

debbie brown uses a lot of stairs in her books. i just saw some in her cartoon cakes book today, and i also remember several in her enchanted cakes book.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:14am
post #5 of 10

Why can't I see any freaking pictures/attachments???

GAH

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #6 of 10

Here is the picture again. So mixinvixen, does debbie brown's books show how to do these stairs?
LL

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:48am
post #7 of 10

Thank you for trying. icon_smile.gif This is what I see for every attachment on this website:

General Error

The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

404 File Not Found: The File files/stairs_895.jpg does not exist.

icon_sad.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:54am
post #8 of 10

I get that message too re pics. A box with a red "x" and when I click on it I get error message.... Bummer!

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:57am
post #9 of 10

I think that it would be easiest to decorate the cake, chill it hard... then carefully cut out the steps one at a time and work your way down... Cover up the cake areas, then cut out the fondant to cover up the steps and make it a red carpet.... But that's my one AM after 16 hrs decorating brain talking... so don't think i'm right on this one!!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 10

i can see the picture, so i'm not sure what's going on that others can't. sometimes i can't see them, and everyone is raving about how beautiful the cake is...arghhh!

the books do tell you how she does them. i can't scan right now, but i'll read through it and give you her instructions in a nutshell..ps...the picture is also shown on the front cover of her "enchanted cakes' book...go to amazon and look it up, or to her site, and it will allow you to get a close up.

***trim the steps out of the sloping front, cutting 1 cm (1/2") into the cake, then trimming vertically to met the cut.

***roll out 7 oz and over the top of the stairs ,trimming any excess away from the sides and base. smooth around the shape with your hands to bring out the cut steps. press in with a straight edged cake smoother along each step and riser to create edges to the steps.

that's all she says about it, along with a template in the back for the shape.

good luck...hope that helped a tiny bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%