Frugal Cookie Bouquet

Baking By pinkcamo Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm by shiney

pinkcamo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkcamo Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 7

Howdy from Texas!!
I need creative, simple and CHEAP suggestions on what to make my lil cookie bouquets in. I am making sugar cookies with RI for a baby shower and want to send a lil gift (small CB) home for the "big brother" as well as for the "big sister". Im thinking 5 cookies each that will be customized for each kid... but what should I put them in?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

dollar general and big lots generally has little small flower pots or metal buckets that are for novelty type decorating...probably a $1 or less. when i was doing my cupcake bouquets a couple of months ago (tutorial done, you can see what i used in those pics), i purchased metal buckets from target...but they were 2.50 each which added up. luckily they only had 16, and i needed more. when i went over to home depot, they had plastic pots that looked like clay pots for a 1.49...so i finished the rest of the bouquets with those. much cheaper!!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 7

redneck (did I just write that?) you could even use something you have around the house, baby shampoo container, baby powder container, just cut off the top, put rocks and greenstuff in, and best of all...it's free!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:28am
post #4 of 7

Clay pots work well. You can cover them in cake foil or paint them and add some ribbon. Very inexpensive. Michael's has the 8" and under 4/$1 on occasion.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 7

As shiney noted, you can use what you have available. You can cover tin cans in wrapping paper, for instance. Michael's usually has $1 coffee cups that work great, too.

Schmulie65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmulie65 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 7

Redneck (and just like Shiney said... did I really just type that?icon_smile.gif), I'm not sure how much time you have until you need to send the bouquets, but I've noticed that in the Oriental Trading catalog (they are online too) that they have all kinds of buckets and containers for less than the dollar store. Of course sometimes you have to purchase a dozen, but you could always save the rest for a future use. I also just found small clay pots for .25 cents each at the local grocery store. They were reducing the price of all the spring/summer items. Hope that helps! Schmulie

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 7

Schmulie: I never thought of oriental trading, I get their catalogs and e-mails, I'll have to have a look!
Shiney

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%