Need Inspiration

Baking By deetmar Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 10:24pm by deetmar

deetmar Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 7

I have to do two dozen "dragon" cookies for Friday. They are of our School's mascot, and the colors are purple and gold. I have them baked, outlines in purple, flooded in gold, and don't know what to do now. All the pictures I have are so detailed you can't do it on this cookie. I am stumped. Here is the cookie cutter I used. Can anyone please help me?

I am also working on a cake for this same client, and it has me stumped too. I am going to take a nap and see if I can come up with something.

I hope someone can help.

6 replies
Honeydukes Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 7

The picture isn't coming up for me. Do you have a link?

Honeydukes Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 7

O.k.. now I can see it. icon_confused.gif I don't know why that happens. I found this picture -- it might help you.

shiney Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 7

Look at, they have some similar cutters, not exactly, but if you click on them, they give you decorated examples, and maybe you could modify it.

kimsmom Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 7

Can you simplify the details by using just a few key lines, still retaining the overall look you want? For example if you have all over scales, just scatter a few in groups instead. I know this isn't much help, as I don't know what the mascot looks like.

beth2027 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 7

My former high school was purple and gold dragons. icon_smile.gif I like to cookie cutter. No idea how to decorate unless you just wanted to do solid colors on them. One purple, one gold, etc.

deetmar Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 7

I decided to just put a few scales on. I will send a picture after they are dry. I am not 100% happy, but it's been a tough day.

I am makeing a soccer ball that is giving me fits today too!

Thanks for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%