How Long Will Mmf Cake Last

Decorating By Edee Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 3:43pm by calynmom

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 8

How long will a mmf cake last before drying out and not being edible?

7 replies
Edee Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 8

help

Edee Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #3 of 8

How far in advance can I make it and it still be good?

Edee Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:07am
post #4 of 8

any help??

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:21am
post #5 of 8

You poor thing, sorry you never got a response! MMF is not the issue, the cake is the issue. MMF lasts forever and seals the moisture into your cake just like any other icing.

Really the concern is, how long can a cake last and still be good. I'd say, 2-3 days...4? (presuming the filling and icing are not perishable and your room temperature is cool all of the time).

Unless you are refrigerating or freezing it in advance? If it's not too late, can you post more specifics as to what you are trying to accomplish i.e. bake in advance? Bake AND decorate in advance? etc.???

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:27am
post #6 of 8

I made a cake covered in fondant on Thursday and it was still good the next Tuesday. Just make sure once cut that part is covered well with plastic wrap.

Like ceshell said it's not the MMF it's the cake. Make sure the cake isn't over baked.

Edee Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 8

thankyou, I have a cake due on Sunday and I am thinking of baking the cakes Thursday and icing and covering in fondant on Friday and finishing on Saturday. Wanted to make sure the mmf wouldn't dry out or anything like that. I didn't know about freezing the cakes because I didn't want the moisture to ruin the mmf. Thanks for the help.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 8

Your schedule is right. If for some reason you get a little dry area on it just rub a tiny amount of shortening on it to smooth it out and if needed a little powdered sugar to take the shine off.

Let us know how it turns out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%