Air Brush...another Way

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 1:46pm by CakeMakar

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:54pm
post #31 of 53

Thanks Pinkz I know it has a dial but I have to see if it goes that low, I know I have to get a new sprayer and bottle for cake purposes though if it works that low. Thanks

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

MMMMM the last website says blocked but its from

You should type it out l i k e t h i s with spaces in between the letters so it won't get blocked.

There is a reason that site name is blocked here. Telling people how to citrcumnavigate the block could result is trouble.
The moderator on another thread warned people to NOT try to figure a way around the block.

buttercream_dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercream_dreams Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #33 of 53

can someone post the link to that thread? I''d be interested to know why sugarcraft is sugarcraft.....? maybe knowing the reason behind that would help us to understand and respect why it is blocked in the first place....

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #34 of 53

I'm with buttercream_dreams. Why is that site blocked? When there is a will there is a way. PPL will find ways to get around anything.

Thanks for letting me know SugarFrosted about not trying to figure a way to post a site that is blocked.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:19pm
post #35 of 53

Just do a search on S U G A R C R A F T and you'll get plenty of threads discussing the issue.

alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:31pm
post #36 of 53

Cakepro--I just did a search and the first 3 pages had nothing discussing any issues with S Craft. I saw one thread about a clay extruder that was basicly garbage. ?????

Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:42pm
post #37 of 53

Here ya go: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-449463-sugarcraft.html+service

You will have to replace [blocked] with su gar craft (no spaces) in order to view the thread.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:56pm
post #38 of 53

I'm not going to worry so much about Preval...

* The vapors are what can be harmful--for the decorator who may be inhaling them.

* If the liquid gets on your skin somehow, that's another issue. But how often does it leak from it's can and drip on you?

* Vapor... it evaporates.

I use hairspray daily and it is not food safe, either.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:06pm
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

But I'm guessing you don't spray it on your cakes? lol Oh well, to each, his own.

alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:16pm
post #40 of 53

Awh I see. Thanks Cakepro. I probably would have never found that site. I"m still trying to figure out how to find the forum where a lady explains how she made her "Boo" cake.

MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:35pm
post #41 of 53
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

But I'm guessing you don't spray it on your cakes? lol Oh well, to each, his own.

icon_wink.gif I meant inhaling the vapors...

PinkZiab Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:42pm
post #42 of 53

I know... I'm just being a ball-buster... it's what I do. It's who i am icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:20pm
post #43 of 53
Quote:

I know... I'm just being a ball-buster... it's what I do. It's who i am icon_biggrin.gif

I love it! icon_biggrin.gif Me, the rebel type. Using silver dragees in CA, lol.

Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm
post #44 of 53

I think hairspray adds a nice shiny sheen to fondant. I use it all the time. icon_biggrin.gif

alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:36pm
post #45 of 53

For a second I actually thought you were serious Cakepro. I had to think about it for a second. Then hoped you were just playing....then kicked myself for even thinking you were serious!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:47pm
post #46 of 53

Bronwen Weber recommends the GD100 from airbrushcity.com
I have it and its a great little toy. I got it for $44, when it was on sale. It's currently on sale right now for $40!
Tomorrow they are offering one for free if you spend $160. Hmmm. Pick up a nice compressor, a stand, some stencils???? Don't know if its worth that to you. icon_biggrin.gif

I picked up a compressor for $70 from Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight also carries some cheap priced ($10!) airbrushes if you just want to play with one. They also have kits with airbrushes, extra jars, and a compressor for $100.

I've used a Preval sprayer - after I saw Duff use one on Ace of Cakes. I like it well enough.

Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm
post #47 of 53

LOL, alvarezmom, what do you think makes the pearl dust stick? icon_biggrin.gif teehee

alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm
post #48 of 53

CakeMakar-Thanks for the website info. Bronwen Weber is supposed to hold a class at the bakery shop where I take my classes. I saw her website and now I want to go SOOOOO bad!

Cakepro---I figured you did it the same way I did by licking the fondant, apply to cake then brush LD on with your blush brush....dont you do it the same way? LOL icon_razz.gif

PinkZiab Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

I figured you did it the same way I did by licking the fondant, apply to cake then brush LD on with your blush brush....dont you do it the same way? LOL icon_razz.gif

Is that wrong?

icon_evil.gif

MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #50 of 53

Poop! My HOme Depot had the refill cans for Preval, but were out of stock on the sprayer.

I guess I'll start licking my cakes....

alvarezmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:10pm
post #51 of 53

PinkZiab---I havent had an anry family member mention anything to me! :win

MacsMom---Yes I would def. reccomentd the lick and stick method!

Sandy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandy2008 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:50am
post #52 of 53

Bronwen Weber recommends the GD100 from airbrushcity.com
I have it and its a great little toy. I got it for $44, when it was on sale. It's currently on sale right now for $40!

I am such a sucker! I just bought it. I haven't tried airbrushing before but I am dying to try it. My birthday is coming up and I convinced my family to have this be my bd present! Thanks for the info.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:46pm
post #53 of 53

That's how I got mine too! Birthday present!

I got my second KA last year the same way, when Lowe's made the huge goofup ad and the mixers were dirt cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%