Lettering Molds?

Decorating By Mac Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 4:21pm by Ironbaker

Mac Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 6

I saw a cake on here that had the cutest lettering and I think it was made with a mold. Kind of curlie letters and I think it was on a princess style cake. Does anyone remember that or know where I can get some lettering molds?

I am doing a girlie cake and wanted something a little fancier than my own handwriting.

5 replies
282513 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 6

I think that the font is called curlz. It is a standard font. I am not sure of molds for them. Maybe you could do a transfer of it.

tonia3604 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 6

My SIL just bought some fondant/gumpaste letter molds at Michael's or Joann's fabric not sure which. She used them to make a banner for a girly baby shower cake. She had a little trouble getting the letters out of the molds (be sure to dust molds with cornstarch) and had to trim them up a little with a knife, but they were very cute!

CakesByLJ Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 6

I think this might be what you saw......

Mac Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 6

That's it...Thanks--Pam

Ironbaker Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 6

Mac, they are great once you get the hang of using them. I bought some at ICES. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%