Can Anyone Sugest A Really Good Cupcake Book????

Baking By sweetparty Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm by Honeydukes

sweetparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetparty Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:38am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you can suggest a really good cupcake book. It may even be two books one that carries a lot of recipes, and the other one with decorating ideas. I´ve seen a lot in Amazon, and the covers look great, but since I live outside the USA, I can´t just go to the bookstore and take a look.
So I hope someone can help me!! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:05am
post #2 of 5

Hello Cupcake
Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse
Vegan Cupcakes take over the world
Cupcake Doctor

ps--your not related to alejandro sanez?

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 5

Hi Maria, the attached link has some really good one's listed. I know what you mean about Amazon having a ton it really is hard to choose, especially when there are not many reviews. G/L let us know what you end up getting. ~Andrea

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602299.html

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:35am
post #4 of 5

I adore "Hello, Cupcake" and have made many of the cupcakes in the book.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 5

I second Vegan Cupcakes take over the world! We have friends who are vegan so I bought it to make sweets for them. I fully expected to dislike the recipes, but to my great surprise we have loved everything I've made so far.

I also recommend Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella. I love her recipes. She gives great flavor combo ideas. Her decorating ideas are cute, but simplistic -- you can always add difficulty to her decorating.

I LOVE Hello Cupcake! I am chomping at the bit to make the Starry Starry Night CCC!

Cupcake Doctor is a must for you library, IMHO.

I just bought Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans, so the jury's out. I have her Big Fat Cookies book and have loved everything I've tried in that one.

edited to add:
Confetti Cakes For Kids: Delightful Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery by Elisa Strauss will be out in November.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%