Un-Freakin-Believable!!! Honest Opinions Please On Pic.

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm by korkyo

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:14am
post #1 of 13

I had people at my house today replacing my kitchen and living room floor, while I was at work...

I came and found they had put FINGERPRINTS into my fondant covered board that I was using for OSSAS!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gif

Divits, holes and fingerprints all over the place. They absolutely ruined it

I am so mad I want to cry!

Should I just forget the whole thing?

12 replies
jenny518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny518 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 13

No, don't forget it! Is there any way to recover? I don't have experience with this, so here's a bump. We've had bad experience w/ workmen, too. When our house was being built, I would find that they peed all over the toilets (and there's no soap while the house is being built) so they weren't washing their hands and I'm just grossed out by how dirty everything was. I will be at the OSSAS just to admire the cakes! Maybe I'll compete next yr. I really hope you'll be there- sending hugs your way....

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #3 of 13

Who in the world would go into someone's home to work, and touch their cake board?? Some people... ::sigh::

I hope you find a way to fix it. Don't give up!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:32am
post #4 of 13

I would rip it off and start from scratch and then tell the slobs that they owed me for new fondant. How dare they touch anything with their filthy mitts.

I agree with the previous poster, a lot of men don't wash their hands after the use the washroom. UGH! You can't just fix it. It has to be trashed.

Sorry you are dealing with such thoughtless individuals. I have other words for them, but it's a family oriented forum.

Enjoy your day, or at least try. icon_biggrin.gif

frankandcathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankandcathy Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #5 of 13

Take pictures. Recover the board. Call the company. Ask for a replacement cost.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:12am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandcathy

I totally agree with that...you may not get the money but the workers will hopefull get a talking too.

Perhaps a pan of exlax brownies are in order!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandcathy

What she said....

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:31am
post #8 of 13

I think I would be really mad and have some nice choice words with the workers' boss (i.e., just don't let it go) - don't blame you for being upset....good luck though with your entry.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:43am
post #9 of 13

Completely.. take pictures.. re-cover it.. and contact their higher up. That is plain rude. I could see maybe one finger print.. they didn't know what it was and touched it (not that they should in the first place) but to repeatedly damage something.. horrid. Was it out in the main house or put away? Did they need to move it for any reason? I am so sorry that your board was ruined.

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:03am
post #10 of 13

If it was intentional destruction and not because they had to move it (which even then doesn't excuse them), I would definitely let their boss know and ask for reimbursement. We had a problem w/workers laying carpet one time and let the company and they definitely took care of the problem. If nothing else, maybe it won't happen again or to someone else. Good luck w/ your entry.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:05am
post #11 of 13

I had a similiar situation (not with cake before) and the owner told me to go buy a replacement and she would pay for it. She did. It was something small but it was important to me! When workers are people's homes, they need to be very careful!

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:52am
post #12 of 13

It was absolutely not in their way. But is was in the kitchen in plain view.
I cannot get the pic to post.

I did trash it and started a new one last night that looks horrible because it is a rush job.

They are coming back today. Waaaaa!
I just want to go to bed anf forget the whole thing!
BTW--DH was not as sympathetic as he should have been!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #13 of 13

Definatly call the boss and tell them what happened, bill them for replacement and if they don't agree to pay for that just take that part off the bill you pay for the flooring.icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%