What Will Happen If You Use......

Decorating By mouse13 Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 12:00am by mouse13

mouse13 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 5

If you use reg. vanilla extract instead of clear? And can you use butter imitation flavor? Our store doesn't carry any Wilton flavors and that is all they have. I was just wondering cause I have to make a cake, but don't want to use this if it makes a big differencewith the icing. HELP PLEASE!!! Is the almond flavor good?

Oh and I will be using the Wilton buttercream recipe

4 replies
sun33082 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 5

If you use regular vanilla, you'll have an off white icing instead of white white...and yes you can use imitation butter flavor instead of using real butter.

If you use vanilla and the icing is too non-white for you, i've heard you can add a tiny tiny bit of purple food coloring to the icing to counter act the yellow color.

PinkZiab Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

If you use real vanilla, you frosting will taste better, for one. lol But it will not be pure white. Although depending on how much vanilla you use, it may not be noticeable.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 5

if you use the reg vanilla the icing will not be pure white. I use the national brand of imitation butter (mcCormick) flavoring all the time and it gives me no noticable change in color or texture. As for the almond flavoring mccormick is good as well at least for my taste buds as my daughter just made a cake for me last night that used almond flavoring. I am not a food connoisseur, but it was good enough for me.

mouse13 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all. I will only be using a teaspoon of flavor. Again thank you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%