Major Cream Cheese Icing Problems!

Decorating By moralna Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 10:54pm by ceshell

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 7

Does someone have a great stabilized cream cheese icing recipe? I just made a cream cheese icing that was just sliding right off the cake - it was so terrible that I became so frustrated that I threw out the whole cake! I am looking for an icing with the consistency of regular buttercream.

6 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 7

I've never used the crusting recipe referred to above, but then I've never used cream cheese frosting for a decorated cake.

I usually use about half the cream cheese that most recipes call for and add more butter, that way I get the flavor I want without comprising the consistency so much.

Make sure your icing is the right consistency before icing the cake - add powdered sugar as needed

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 7

I've used the CCC above, it's a great recipe thumbs_up.gif I feel your pain, the first time I ever tried a cc icing (not the above recipe) it also just slid down the cake. No fun!

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much everyone!! I am definitely going to try the above recipe! You are all great!!

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 7

Yum...with all that sugar, does this recipe require refrigeration?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 7

I can't say for sure, but it is very similar to Earlene's cream cheese recipe which can go unrefrigerated for a week. Hopefully someone else knows the definitive answer; I myself could never take responsibility of saying "nope, don't need to refrigerate it" unless I knew for SURE. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%