Are Ther Any Other Male Cake Decorators?

Decorating By UltimateCakes Updated 1 Jan 2014 , 6:19pm by Ottos

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:17am
post #31 of 43

I'm sorry, that really sucks icon_sad.gif Divorces are usually ugly, especially if one of them is very angry. I was lucky, I just wanted out and let him have everything(which wasn't much icon_lol.gif )

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:19pm
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Got divorced...she took my oven, but I still have my Kitchen Aid! Angry angry woman...had to replace a good scraper too. Went to pick up my cake stuff and my little girl said "Uhhhh...you probably want to throw that away." Least thats the only thing she did in...I hope!

Oooooh... ouch. icon_sad.gif

You can come bake in my oven anytime. LOL!

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 5:54pm
post #33 of 43

You are soooooo very bad...I now look at ovens in a totally different way.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #34 of 43

This thread is getting hot! You two are fun!! icon_wink.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm
post #35 of 43

Just caught up to this thread . . .

Where is Doug? I haven't seen a post from him in months and he no longer has his PM available! What will we do without our resident engineer?

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm
post #36 of 43

what !! Doug not here to draw difficult cakes for us

anyone heard from him?

kmcguire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcguire Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #37 of 43

Im a male member. I havent been on here nearly as much as I used to be. I work as a mechanic sometimes 12 hours a day. It is a wonderful site. I lost a wife to an illness about 3 years ago and these people were wonderful with their support. I will never forget them.

Ken

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 6:24pm
post #38 of 43

Dale - you're such a guy. You crack me up.

Ken - I'm so very sorry to hear your wife. I can't even imagine losing someone that close. My brother died around same time. I hope you are coping as well as you can. Please keep up with the CC family. icon_smile.gif

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:21pm
post #39 of 43

So, Guys: How did you get into cake decorating?

tyrel9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyrel9 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:37pm
post #40 of 43

Hello All,

My wife is a graffic designer and i bake cakes (MAN ON A MISSION HAH)
I started making cakes totally by accident. I used to work at a bakery in houston and i left for another job. A little after, I made a cake for a party with my small knowledge of cake decoration from the bakery. (We did basic stuff there we made probably over 60 cakes a day) So i knew just the basics and that is what i did the basics for people with recipes i found.

I eventually wanted my own recipes and i experimented and after several weeks of having fallen cakes, bad cakes, gooey cakes, too sweet cakes, i can up with a recipe for vanilla and chocolate that people LOVE. It was a little later i wanted to tackle how to make fondant. So i did and have finally mastered that (at this point hah).

With my wife as a graffic designer she helps me color and make the cakes look awesome while i carve them out and do the baking. Its a mess i tell ya. I also get slack from work that i make cakes and bake but when they want something different or creepy for a dessert they know to call me and i can deliver.

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:45pm
post #41 of 43

Dude (Guy) here!!! I got into cake decorating while I was in the Navy (20 years, retired last May 2007). We were living in Italy and my wife had a friend that did cakes and I said to myself, Self you can do this and so I started doing it and the rest is history.

Got back to the states and started taking all of the Wilton Classes and even worked my dream job!!! I worked for a cake decorator in Cincinnati right after moving here. Unfortunately it was only a part time job so I had to find other employment since my retirement from the service isn't as high as it should be.

But thru word of mouth I'm still doing cakes on the side now and I still enjoy it. I would love to have my own shop some day!!!

I'd really love to be an instructor for Wilton but every time I took a class all I heard was crickets chirping and they never called back.

Sorry for the long post.

Ottos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ottos Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 6:18pm
post #42 of 43

AI'm a male cake artist from UK :-)

Ottos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ottos Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 6:19pm
post #43 of 43

AMany years ago my dad was a baker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%