Are Ther Any Other Male Cake Decorators?

Decorating By UltimateCakes Updated 1 Jan 2014 , 6:19pm by Ottos

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 43

I am just curious to know if there are any other male cake decorators. I've never met one. The only other cake decorators I know personally all happen to be women - and lovely women at that icon_lol.gif

42 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 43

We do have some guys here. Mike and Doug are the ones I think of off the top of my head. Maybe they will pipe up and say Hi. icon_smile.gif

Doug's a teacher so now that school is back in session he may nto be stopping in as much.

UltimateCakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 43

Cool - hoping to hear from them. maybe they've experienced some mockery from other guys and can give advice.

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 43

Yep, I know of Mike & Doug and I do believe there is another young man on here also (just can't remember his name),. They are some of our best advice givers also.

Dawn

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 43

Hi there UltimateCakes.....guy here! It's always nice to find other males interested in this industry...

I'm a newbie...only been decorating for a short time...probably about 4 mos or so, but I LOVE it...I LOVE CC too!

Add me to your buddy list..would love to keep in touch!

Chat soon....

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 43

My husband has always been good at making food look pretty and has tried his hand at decorating. I had never been interested. I bake all sorts of other things. Recently we have decided to try to open a home bakery. In looking online, I noticed CC and became addicted. Now I want to learn about cakes too! The new fondant cakes have got me in a whirl! My husband still swears by the buttercream.

In 2 weeks, we will be taking WIlton 1 together. He will probably be better at it than me, but oh well.

He is the jj part of jjandhope, but doesnt get on CC himself unless I call him to come look (often).

Hope

ChefJon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefJon Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 43

There are a few guys not only on here but all over. Check out jayscakecouture.com He does some amazing stuff.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCakes

Cool - hoping to hear from them. maybe they've experienced some mockery from other guys and can give advice.

HEHEHE no I don't get much mockery in anything I do. I can tell you I would almost fit in better at a biker bar than an ICES convention LOLOLOL I certainly wouldn't call myself a cake decorator though. I have a deep passion for pastry, and I've been lucky enough to have someone show me how to ice a cake. To call me a decorator would diminish all the wonderful work that is seen here.

Welcome

Mike

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 43

My brother isn't here on cake central, but he is my #1 choice when I need a sous chef lol. He's a firefighter by day, but I've been calling him "Billy Crocker" for years. I told him as soon as I have enough work to hire another decorator, he's in! lol

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:03am
post #10 of 43

I bake everything. Cookies, brownies, banana bread, cupcakes, cake. My hubby usually does the decorating for the cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:47am
post #11 of 43

I just noticed your in MI, where at?

Mike

UltimateCakes Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #12 of 43

Corunna - It's a small town in Mid-Michigan.

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:37pm
post #13 of 43

I'm a guy!! Been decorating for most of my life. Been decorating on my own for about two years now. We are few, but we are here!

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:51am
post #14 of 43

I've been baking most of my life but just started decorating about 4yrs ago.

Hoping to open a small Bakery one day soon.

Craig

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #15 of 43

I wish I were a guy sometimes (no more PMS) - can I get half-credit? icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, I worked with male decorators a couple of times (one gay, one married) - and was sad I didn't have a chance with either one. I would love to find a man as passionate about this art as I am. I applaud all men willing to pick up a pastry bag. Go you! icon_wink.gif

UltimateCakes Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm
post #16 of 43

Just in case you're wondering - I'm Married (not gay) and love this art.

OhMyGanache Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:38pm
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCakes

Just in case you're wondering - I'm Married (not gay) and love this art.

See? All the good oñes are married or gay. icon_wink.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:05pm
post #18 of 43

PoleKitten, you are so funny... icon_lol.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #19 of 43

Delete post.

UltimateCakes Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #20 of 43

sad but true

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #21 of 43

I'm a female but my dad always has always said that I would make a better guy than a girl since I'm a tomboy. icon_lol.gif Does that count?

My DH decorates with me sometimes but he sticks to carving and fondant . He's done 3 of the cakes in my gallery actually. He gets on CC every now and then but he just signs in as me since he doesn't want to sign up on CC because he might get addicted icon_confused.gif .

I'm in MI too. Go Wolverines.

UltimateCakes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:38pm
post #22 of 43

I bleed Maize and Blue - bleeding a LOT this season icon_cry.gif Tomboys can count too!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #23 of 43

Wow I never realized there were so many men on CC. I wish my hubby liked cake stuff then maybe he'd be able to help out every once in a while

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #24 of 43

My hubby has the official title of "cake boy". I love it. He makes and paints all of my shells and bamboo, makes all the buttercreams, some fillings, and washes all of the dishes. He's progressing in the business... he does come on my name and look around a bit and read articles, but doesn't post.

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:23pm
post #25 of 43

I'm from Michigan too - but female. I'm from Port Huron - a little city north-east of Detroit. I can see Canada from my office window. icon_eek.gif

I've taken a couple holiday classes from a male decorator. He competes in wedding cake competitions, and was on Food Network a couple times. This guy is so talented . . . I feel like a rookie every time I walk into his shop.

~ Jan

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #26 of 43

Male, decorate cakes...still making and decorating, just havent posted any in forever. Love decorating, pastry bags and women.

OhMyGanache Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:32am
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Male, decorate cakes...still making and decorating, just havent posted any in forever. Love decorating, pastry bags and women.

I think I love you.

icon_wink.gif

Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #28 of 43

With a name like PoleKitten, I love you too!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:59am
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

I was making frosting the other day and thought of you. We hadn't seen you post in a while and were wondering where you went. Glad to see you back icon_biggrin.gif

Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:06am
post #30 of 43

Got divorced...she took my oven, but I still have my Kitchen Aid! Angry angry woman...had to replace a good scraper too. Went to pick up my cake stuff and my little girl said "Uhhhh...you probably want to throw that away." Least thats the only thing she did in...I hope!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%