Hannah Montana & Princess Cake, Any Ideas??

Decorating By uk2usa Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 2:39am by jonahsmommy

uk2usa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uk2usa Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 10

Can anyone help?
My niece really loves both, but don't know how i can do it.

9 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 10

There are hundreds of cakes in the gallery for both themes. Have you tried searching there? What style of cake are they wanting? sheet? tiered?

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 10

Hannah Montana is taking over the world - no one is safe! I've seen a toy set that is the "backstage" - that could be a cute cake idea - just a thought.

Kim5309 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim5309 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 10

I'm thinking that the two themes cannot coexist on the same cake. Here's why: they are from two different worlds. The princesses are from the world of make-believe and HM is from the land of fake reality. But, I do have some ideas. You could pick one theme and stick with it. You could make two small cakes. Or, you could use one theme for the cake and the other theme for cupcakes. I think cupcakes with the HM signature purple guitar and butterflies would be adorable. You could also put silver stars on some of them to vary the theme. You could also make only cupcakes, some of them with a princess theme and some with a HM theme.

I'm in a similar situation. My DD is into two things right now: gymnastics and Yo Gabba Gabba. So, I am making a gymnastics cake for her weekend birthday party (it's being held at a local tumbling and gymnastics center) and I plan to make Yo Gabba Gabba cupcakes for her to take to school on the date of her actual birthday (this is standard practice in her class).

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how the cake(s) turn out!

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 10

How about a Hannah Montana guitar cupcake cake like this. I did it back in July and have had 4 request for it since them. To tie in the princess aspect, you can make the guitar strings pink or purple to look like wands or you could make the entire long stem part of the guitar look like a wand and maybe make little starburst effects randomly around on the board. Be sure to post what you decide on.
LL
LL

uk2usa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uk2usa Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you to all of you for replying.
I thought the same thing, just pick one theme.
Now i have to decide which one.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 10

I agree with the other posters....pick one or the other, or make 2 seperate cakes.

For my daughter's HM cake, I made a sheet cake, topped it with a star shaped cake, frosted it purple, piped a hot pink border, put on some butterflies, etc. Then, I bought a HM doll and sat her on top of the cake. She loved it.

We also did microphone cupcakes...we bought colored ice cream cones, put some M&M's inside to weight it down, topped it with a cupcake, then frosted the cupcake black. They turned out cute.

There are tons of ideas on here for princess cakes if that's what you decide to do.

For me, her age would be a consideration. While she will probably grow out of princesses by the time she's 5, Hannah Montana, or the latest star will be a theme option until she's a teenager! If she's little, go with the princesses!

Mandy

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 10

I have a Hannah Montana cake in my photo's, there is also cupcakes with it. It may not be the type of design you are looking for...but it might give you some ideas for your cake.

I did have another photo of another HM cake a did, but for some reason it is missing. If I can find another photo of it, I will PM you with the pic.

Good Luck! with what ever design and theme you pick thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysue

I agree with the other posters....pick one or the other, or make 2 seperate cakes.

For my daughter's HM cake, I made a sheet cake, topped it with a star shaped cake, frosted it purple, piped a hot pink border, put on some butterflies, etc. Then, I bought a HM doll and sat her on top of the cake. She loved it.

We also did microphone cupcakes...we bought colored ice cream cones, put some M&M's inside to weight it down, topped it with a cupcake, then frosted the cupcake black. They turned out cute.

There are tons of ideas on here for princess cakes if that's what you decide to do.

For me, her age would be a consideration. While she will probably grow out of princesses by the time she's 5, Hannah Montana, or the latest star will be a theme option until she's a teenager! If she's little, go with the princesses!

Mandy

Do you have a pic of this?!?! I would LOVE to see it! My niece LOVES HSM, and this sounds like something that would put her over the moon!!!!

jonahsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:39am
post #10 of 10

What if you made a 2 tier cake with stars and hanah montana logo or monogram on the sides of the tiers and made a tiara out of RI and put it on top as a cake topper that's the only way I could think of to incorporate both of them and I think it would be cute

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%