Help With Zebra Print Cake Board For Shoe

Decorating By aileenlnbh Updated 2 Sep 2011 , 2:08pm by Marla84

aileenlnbh Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:01am
post #1 of 5

hey can anyone help and give me the best advice for a zebra print cake board. i want to line the board with paste that is white with zebra print and ive seen people on cc draw and paint the zebra on and other that looks like the black fondant paste is put on the white - straight on or rolled together so it all looks flat??? ANY help would be great thanks and also, if i can be a bit cheeky any advice on also how to decorate a gumpaste shoe in the same zebra - thanks - this would be the first time for me doing this so TIA

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:26am
post #2 of 5

I personally would either make myself a template and airbrush it on or I'd paint in on. I think it would look better not having the black raised up off the white.

gradoo Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 11:37am
post #3 of 5

I like paint black on the white

Panel7124 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 5

the black fondant paste is put on the white - straight on or rolled together so it all looks flat??? ANY help would be great thanks and also, if i can be a bit cheeky any advice on also how to decorate a gumpaste shoe in the same zebra - thanks - this would be the first time for me doing this so TIA[/quote]

as you said - black fondant paste put on the white rolled together - even a famous cake boss did it in his show - roll white fondant a bit thicker, brush with water back of black zebra stripes, apply to white fondant and roll till it sticks together. I would like to try it but nobody asks for zebra stripes cakes icon_cry.gif

Marla84 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 5

I covered a cake board with fabric and then contact paper recently. (I started with fondant and then realized it was taking me too long for what should have been a quick cake) http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2105953

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%