A Disaster Of Sorts...

Decorating By all4cake Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 3:59am by lisa_mae

all4cake Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:17am
post #1 of 4

After seeing so many gorgeous tiaras of royal icing being presented by my fellow CCers, I thought I would take advantage of the many tiara templates provided by generous CC members.

Ooooooooooooooooooh, but I wanted to be different(or so I thought), and make them miniature sized...for cupcakes. Being the frugal person I like to think I am, I used cardboard tubing from wrapping paper rolls.

I cut them to a size that would accomodate the shrunken template, attached my template then covered it with a piece of parchment(the same parchment that allows all my other royal icing projects to just slide right off). I pipe 24 tiaras. I put them up and out of the way for several days. After 3 days had passed, I decided to check one...it was definitely dry but for whatever reason, they weren't releasing from the parchment.

The issue with them really became apparent when I proceeded to cut the parchment, using an x-acto knife, from the tubing. The tubing kept giving in even to the slightest of pressure.

I think, the next time, I will use pvc tubing...something more rigid.

Has anyone else had this type of incident? What did you do to prevent it from happening again?
LL

3 replies
lynda-bob Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:42am
post #2 of 4

Ooooh IDK what else would work except for the pvc like you thought of. They look like they were going to be really cute, too. And what a great idea. I've never made a miniature before... Hope you find a solution thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 4

I don't see why it would not have worked....except I would have probably used wax paper, its a little more slick.

Can't see your pix... icon_sad.gif

lisa_mae Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 3:59am
post #4 of 4

when i made a royal icing tiara i used wax paper and it came off pretty easily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%