2 Mmf Questions

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm by kakeladi

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:28am
post #1 of 5

1st question: Can you attach an edible image to MMF and if so how do you go about doing so.. i've never used an edible image before and i don't know anything about them

2nd question: if i want my MMF to dry faster should i use gum-tex?? and if so how much gum-tex would i add to one batch?? or can i just add it to the part i want to drive faster...

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:09am
post #2 of 5

you can use piping gel to adhere an edible image.

As for gumtex, it can speed drying but it will also be much harder than fondant alone. Typically, 1 tsp gumtex to one pound of fondant.

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:52am
post #3 of 5

can i somehow mix it in fondant that i already have made?? or does it have to be added while making it... i have like 1/2 lb already made up and i wanted to use that first..

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, gumtex can be kneaded into the fondant. I roll the fondant out some, sprinkle over the gumtex, then roll it up and start kneading. It may need a touch of shortening to remain pliable.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5

Placing an Edible Image to fondant is simpleicon_smile.gif Just place a slightly damp paper towel on the area you want the Image to cover....don't let any other part of the fondant get wet in any way. Smooth is well w/a dry paper towel or fondant smoother.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%