Need Ideas- Remodeling Cake

Decorating By Edee Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 5:22pm by terrier

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #1 of 7

My husbands birthday is coming up and he is remodeling a room in the house. He put in new lights, new windows, and is now working on new drywall. He insists on having this on his cake. He doesn't do any construction work so I can't go that route. Any suggestions or pictures on what to do? TIA

6 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 7:47am
post #2 of 7

I think a you could use fondant to make the top of the cake look like a couple of sheets of drywall and use a thinner layer on top like seam tape, the end could still be rolled. then you can add lights and window to the sides or leaning up against the side of the room. Like the cake purses, you could have your wall standing up even.

Have fun.

Edee Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 7

thanks alot for the idea.

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 7

I did a cake some what the same for my Dad... I will try to post it if it does not come up you will see it in my pictures... fondant is the way to go!
LL

Edee Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 7

I can't see the picture for some reason

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 7

How about a tiered cake with your hubby standing on the first tier hanging drywall onto the second(top) tier. You could 'prehang' some of the pieces and have him hanging the next one; maybe some track lighting laying across the floor (or a whole 3rd tier with the lighting)of course the windows could be mixed in among the pre-hung sheets of drywall. Have fun and make sure you take lots of photos!

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 7

hit your reload current page and it should come up...I see it so I know it is there if you can not it is in my photos.

Cheers,
ally

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%