Linty Viva Paper Towels

Decorating By CourtneysCustomCakes Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 11:09pm by icer101

CourtneysCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysCustomCakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 4

This may have been posted but I haven't found it. I love using the Viva Method on my cakes. But I'd say in the last 6 months or more, they seem to be putting off alot more lint than they used to. Does anyone notice this or am I crazy? With that being said....... Does anyone have any other Ideas or techniques? Let me know. Thank You

3 replies
hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 4

I finally tried viva towels this weekend, we usually use towels with designs or less expensive ones than viva. we were constantly picking off little threads, dark. thought it was just us since noone here has said anything. we really liked the super flat look , the bride even thought we did fondant. we just hated the threads, anyone else having issues.
hammer1

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

Try wax or parchment paper.....I've been using this for over 20 yrs to smooth BC.

Honestly I had never heard of the Viva paper towel thing til I joined CC. The thought of using paper towels bothers me for the exact reason that you guys have mentioned.....lint.

You are letting your BC crust before you try the smoothing method, right?[/b]

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 4

i have been using viva for 15 years... never had any problems.... love it... i cannot use wax paper or parchment... it just doesn,t get it as smooth as i like it... but we all like different things.... and that is ok.... we have to use what works best for us... hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%