I Can't Believe This Fondant Taste Soooooo Good.

Decorating By wendy1273 Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm by SusieHazCakes

wendy1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy1273 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 9

I went to AC yesterday for the American bakers expo and Fondarific was one of the hundreds of venders there and they gave me some for home and some to taste and I can tell you that it taste so good that I think is a candy in my mouth and I can't stop eating it.
They have different colors with different flavors and they are great!

Has anyone here use this Fondarific and how does it work comparing it with Satin Ice? I know that is more expensive but if it works good I'm willing to charge more for my cakes and cover them with Fondarific.

I also took a class with Bronwen Weber and she use Fondx, it taste a lot better than satin ice too and she suers by it. It is also more expensive than Satin Ice.

Please let me know if have try this.

Thank you
Wendy

8 replies
SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 9

I have tried both Fondarific and FondX. I, too, love Fondarific. I've used the buttercream flavor and found it was so unfortunate when I made a mistake because I just had to eat it!! icon_biggrin.gif I tasted a couple of their other flavors and I liked them all. The one thing I haven't tried with it is to see if I can add a bit of Tylose to it (like I can with Satin Ice) to get it to be more like gum paste for some uses. I'll be trying that pretty soon though.

I also like FondX and I think Satin Ice is good, too. I did a fondant taste test yesterday at work with a couple of friends with Satin Ice, FondX, Choco-Pan and Fondarific buttercream. They both preferred Satin Ice! Go figure. I think the Fondarific buttercream tastes just like candy corn and I love candy corn.

Hope this helps.
Susie

cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 9

I have been looking for a better tasting fondant. I have heard from many that Satin Ice is really good, but when I tried it I did not like it.
Maybe I will see if I can find some Fondarific.

SusieHazCakes Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 9

As far as I know, you can only buy from Fondarific from the folks who make it. I just ordered some and they were very nice and helpful. They're in Savannah, Georgia and their website is www fondarific com.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:42am
post #5 of 9

I too have heard a lot of positive reviews of Satin Ice but I got a sample tub and honestly it went into the trash because I coudln't stand the smell. It smelled like opening up a tub of playdough...

I use Albert Uster fondant and LOVE it... Good to know there's another brand to check out as well...

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:59am
post #6 of 9

i was just on Fondantsource website and they have fondarific now too. i don't know how much they charge at fondarific website, but fondantsource has the 5 lb. tubs for 29.99. is that a good deal?

SusieHazCakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:21am
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much, eneq, for the information about Fondantsource. I'd heard that name a while back but forgot to check it out and, yes, their price is better than Fondarific's! A 5-lb. tub of white buttercream (with shipping) at Fondarific was $45.28 and at Fondantsource it's only $38.93!

And CoutureCake, I agree about Satin Ice smelling (and tasting) a bit like Playdough. Also, my next fondant to try is that Massa Grischuna from Albert Ulster. Mike McCarey uses that and it is a bit pricy, but I'm going to check it out soon. Thanks for reminding me. icon_smile.gif

bovaritter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bovaritter Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 9

For those who have tried fondarific....can I buy it now for a cake to be done in 4 months? or is it better to wait until sooner....I wanna taste it now you guys got me all excited!

SusieHazCakes Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #9 of 9

I'd wait because the last time I ordered, they said they make it fresh per order. I also bet if you called them, they'd send you a sample. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%