Will A Cake Baked Tuesday Night Be Okay For Saturday?

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 2:40am by icer101

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 4

Somebody wants me to make a cake for them for Saturday. The only way I'm going to be able to do it is to have the cake ready by Thursday and give it to somebody else who will pass it along to this person. I plan on doing a cake mix extender. Will it be okay to bake the cake Tuesday night if it's going to be served on Saturday?

3 replies
travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

You can freeze it if you are not against doing that. However, I''m not sure if I'd like for a someone else to deliver a decorated cake on my behalf. But it should taste fine.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #3 of 4

The reason I would bake the cake that early is because I'm unable to deliver the cake closer to the due date. Since I'm meeting my mom on Thursday and since she works with the person who ordered the cake, I plan on handing the cake to my mom and then she can give it to her co-worker.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 4

it will be fine... bake it tuesday... freeze it... let it thaw couple hours before you ice and decorate it... let you mom take it to her... she can put it in the frig. or let it sat out in cool room... i always wrap the box i put it in in heavy foil... bottom and top... i have to do this same thing at times..in order to help out the person that wants me to make them a cake.. my sister takes cakes in for me on a thursday sometimes for people she works with.. their party is usually on that saturday... never had any problems. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%