Smores Cake?

Baking By jmabaxter Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 6:25am by ceshell

jmabaxter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmabaxter Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 7

I'm hoping someone can help me. I want to make a smores flavored cake for my daughter's birthday. I found a graham cracker crumb cake and thought about making that but add in some chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and then use some type of marshmallow filling. I'm not sure how any of this would work though. Does anyone have a recipe or better suggestion for how to make a smores flavored cake? TIA

6 replies
UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 7

I'd consider using marshmallow cream instead of icing. Heat it up until it's easy to stir and pour over the graham cracker crumb cake.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 7

How about a chocolate cake with wilton's fluffy boiled icing (tastes like marshmallow) http://cupcakefun.com/recipes/fluffyboiledicing.cfm use graham cracker sticks to go around the outside of the cake like a wrap. Or crushed graham cracker as a filling between layers w/the frosting. Could you put mini marshmallows on top of cake and brown with bakers torch?

Hope you figure it out - Have fun & Good luck!

jmabaxter Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the ideas!! I need all the help I can get with this one!!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 7

There is a recipe for marshmallow creme buttercream in the recipes section here... I think the graham cracker cake with maybe chocolate ganache filling and MM creme icing would be good!

jmabaxter Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks...I'll have to look for the marshmallow creme buttercream recipe. I never thought about using chocolate ganache for the filling...good idea!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:25am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

Could you put mini marshmallows on top of cake and brown with bakers torch?

Can I just say, you are a GENIUS!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif I love this idea, it makes me want to try a s'mores cake JUST to do this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%