Cake Ideas For An Attorney???

Decorating By heather1 Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 3:27pm by heather1

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 8

My boss is a divorce attorney and I would like to make him a birthday cake for October 3 but dont even know where to start. I have a big order due on that Friday also, so I would like to keep it kind of simple and small as this will be for him and his daughter to eat. Any ideas?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 8

Scales of justice? A gavel?
Years ago in a MBN there was a really cute (large) cake that had a caricature(sp?) of a man in a robe w/a gavel.....so cute. I think it was done in colorflow. HTH

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 8

You could go as simple as a yellow lined pad of paper and a fondant pen. Or possibly a small version of the robe and collar (maybe that is just a Canadian thing). Even a law textbook would be cute! I am sure you will come up with something amazing!

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 8

What about a briefcase? I did a suitcase recently out of a 9x13, it was very easy.... it's on my website but i haven't added it here yet (www.littlebirdiebakery.wordpress.com). Chocolate fondant, a little bit of gumpaste or fondant and gold lustre dust are all that is required!

good luck and have fun! thumbs_up.gif

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie13

You could go as simple as a yellow lined pad of paper and a fondant pen. Or possibly a small version of the robe and collar (maybe that is just a Canadian thing). Even a law textbook would be cute! I am sure you will come up with something amazing!

That would be cute idea. Very simple. Maybe write Divorce Terms on the top of the page, since he is a divorce atty.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 8

Stack of legal books

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 8

If your boss has sense of humor how about a cake with a bill laying on top.

You can make it out of fondant with some simple writing that relates to his work then the total can say Happy Birthday ....

Just a thought

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 8

Wow! Thanks for all the good ideas. All these ideas has my brain a movin now. Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%