Castle Cake Ideas

Decorating By chas21 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 7:27pm by milknhoney

chas21 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 7

I was asked to do a castle cake for a four year old. Her party is going to be at a candy factory. I would like any tips or ideas that i can get. I have looked at a few pictures in the gallery but nothing has really caught my eye. Thanks

6 replies
Delcy883 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 7

I made a castle cake using the Wilton Romantic Castle Set and it came out great! I didn't do anything original to it, I just followed the directions.

frankandcathy Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #3 of 7

Oooooo.... how much fun is this? I have the Wilton castle kit and have made two already. I'm also making one for my dd's 4th birthday in November.

What kind of candy factory is it? You have so many options available to you. You can do an all chocolate cake with assorted kinds of chocolate candies (even a chocolate "moat" like in Willy Wonka) for decorating.

Or you can just use all different kind of candies to decorate (think gingerbread house on steroids). Twizzlers, jelly beans, candy corn, etc.

Or how about a Strawberry-Shortcake style cake done in reds, pinks, and greens loaded with striped candy canes, whipped "cream" on the cake and turrets, etc.

SugarFrosted Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:02am
post #4 of 7

Here is a webpage with lots of Castle cakes to give you inspiration:

justgale Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 7

I'm not sure where I saved these from so I don't know who to give credit to Sorry. But maybe they will give you some ideas.

chas21 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all of your ideas. It's going to be at Hammonds Candy Factory. They do candy canes, big lollipops, carmels and other stuff.

milknhoney Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 7

I did a castle cake as a wedding cake in all white,used a 12' round at the bottom then a 9'hexagon and a 6' round. I have the castle cake set which surely does make things a whole lot easier. I also recently made a castle (princess) cake for a 17year old, I modified the original and only used some of the turrets because it was a much smaller party.
I will try and add a picture of the princess cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%