12+ Pages Of Uncommented Photos

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm by summernoelle

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 31

are in the galleries.. if you are able to, please comment on these and start clearing them out. Thanks!!!!

30 replies
CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 31

save

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 31

I have been trying to comment on some, the pages don't want to load, and my time is limited to hits or misses on here. I have started on the oldest pages (pg 12) first. will keep trying though.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 31

I have only been able to do a few every day.I get on and start to comment and maybe after 5-7 It wont let me go to the next picture?
So I have to get off and try a few more later ! So Im lucky to get very far.
Its been doing this for at least a week or so .
So I try to fit in a few when ever Im on CC.
I thought maybe CC was just acting up like it sometimes does ?

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 31

Just so you know, it isn't because you guys are slow to comment. Over 11 pages of photos were uploaded on Sunday for some reason. Wow!

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 31

i have a newbie question? why is it important to comment pictures?

mommicakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelatx

Personally, I think it makes my head get big if I get a good comment from someone who appreciates our art.

Some people might be looking for a correction to a flaw "THEY" see in their cakes, and come here to get help.

mommicakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 31
Quote:

Personally, I think it makes my head get big if I get a good comment from someone who appreciates our art. And it also acts as a sounding board if they can improve anyhow.

Some people might be looking for a correction to a flaw "THEY" see in their cakes, and come here to get help.

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 31

I have a question also. Where do you find the pages of uncommented photos?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:50pm
post #10 of 31

Most times when I'm trying to view photos it is so unbelievably slow. I timed it yesterday and it took 3 minutes to get 1 photo to show up, all I get is the spinning circle that says loading in the middle. This is pretty frustrating, so I usually X out of it and move on to the forums.

I think it is CC's site and not my laptop, because I can go to baker's personal websites and browse through 25 cakes in the time it takes me to see 5 here.

Anybody else experiencing this? I spoke to my hubby about this issue, he's a programmer/data base administrator he says it's an issue with the website and the programs they use. Maybe they'll hire him to fix it! he he he! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

angelatx Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:51pm
post #11 of 31

oh ok, hehe, i thought their was more to it since sugarbakerz mentioned clearing them out. thats what i didn't understand. i can sometimes think things are more complicated than they are tho, hehe!

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:53pm
post #12 of 31

I too have been trying to comment and it will let me comment on a few then the pages will not load . Its frustrating to say the least .

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #13 of 31

When I've clicked on View Uncommented, it tells me I'm not authorized to look at that page.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

When I've clicked on View Uncommented, it tells me I'm not authorized to look at that page.

You have to become a "Gallelry Supporter Member" to see the list of uncommented.

angelatx Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:20pm
post #15 of 31

i am glad to know its not my puter that is slow, i was thinking something was wrong with it. after hearing that i am not the only one with pics taking a long time to load or when i click on a things on here, it will try to go to it, but then it doesn't. hope everyone is having a sweet first fall day!!! icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:23pm
post #16 of 31

I have definitely been trying to comment on as many as I can!! The loading time is awful! I try to get at least 10 done and then the pics are blocked out. I will keep trying though!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Jessica icon_smile.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:30pm
post #17 of 31

I also try commenting on the photos. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get very far before I get timed out. It gets frustrating and I just give up.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:32pm
post #18 of 31

I also try commenting on the photos. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get very far before I get timed out. It gets frustrating and I just give up. I've tried 3 times to send this and it just sits here. Maybe the 4th is the charm.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:34pm
post #19 of 31

I also am having a terrible time with slowness in getting pages of pictures or comments to come through. I don't know if it's my computer or the site. I'll try to get a few done anyway if possible.

KathysCC Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:46pm
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAMMASUE

I have a question also. Where do you find the pages of uncommented photos?

Here is a thread that explains about Gallery Support Members. They are the only ones who can see a list of uncommented photos.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-139751.html

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:54pm
post #21 of 31

Sometimes the photos take sooooooooooo long to load that I don't have time to wait (mostly because I'm usually at work, and have other things on my plate!). I try to comment as much as possible though.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm
post #22 of 31

I've been working on this myself for the past 10 days or so and find, too, that the pictures load so slowly I can only comment on about five at a time - and that takes about a half hour!!!! I actually posted about this topic myself but it never showed up in the forums -- I'm not sure what happened to it...? LALA Land, I guess. Anyway, just wanted you to know there are those of us who have been aware of it and are trying to make a dent!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:59pm
post #23 of 31

Sorry, I have to complain. I uploaded a pic last night of a chessboard with fresh fruit piece chessmen and it never made it to the front page. There's got to be a way that pics can be posted and all come up on the front page. They should somehow be on a timer basis not on how many are uploaded at the same time so they push others off. I'm sure it has happened to you. thumbsdown.gif There has got to be a better way! icon_confused.gif Don't you think that could be a reason why there are sooo many uncomented pic's?

KathysCC Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:01pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:

We have a system here at CC to make sure that each photo gets at least one comment. Comments are important because they make us feel great about our cakes. I think we all need the boost of a kind word especially since most of us are so critical of ourselves when we decorate. It helps for people to point out the good points of our cakes.

I like to comment on cakes that really hit me with their uniqueness or just look special or have an idea that I like. You can never comment too much or say too much in a comment, in my opinion.

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:07pm
post #25 of 31

I was having really hard time seeing pics as well and thought it was my computer b/c it kept timing out, but then last week I was having a really hard time even getting the forums up. Now from what I see I guess it's the site.
Amy

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #26 of 31

Wow, I'm glad to see that everyone else is getting times out as well. I am not very patient when it comes to web pages loading. I have also been trying to knock some down, but it's been in the 12 page range for quite awhile.

I believe Jackie mentioned that they are working on the system. Maybe that's why it's been slow the last couple of days???

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #27 of 31

thanks for the responses on this. I know how crazy it can be getting them to load, and I have the fastest net known to my area right now and sometimes it does take too long. I am trying to make it personal goal as a GSM to make comments on photos at least twice a day when I am able. I usually open CC in another window and comment that way so I can continue to look at and respond to forums too. Anyway.. thanks again to everyone who has responded... if you aren't a gallery supporter member, check out the link provided above by GRAMMASUE to see if you are eligible. Remember that there is always good in every photo!!!!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:31pm
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagoat

I believe Jackie mentioned that they are working on the system. Maybe that's why it's been slow the last couple of days???

It's been slow since I started coming to CC...

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:57pm
post #29 of 31

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this happening, but one of you mentioned getting blanked out photos. There is a certain ad on this site that when it loads it blanks out my photos on every page and eventually shuts the browser down. So some of it may be an issue with that rather than the CC server.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:39pm
post #30 of 31

I do have to say that I do enjoy doing this because I have seen a lot of photos that I missed. Some I have added to my fav,s. So its a good way to see what you miss on the front page to !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%