Advice On This Cake.........

Decorating By mw902 Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 6:18am by ceshell

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:29am
post #1 of 5

My neice is dreaming and wants to know if I think I can make a version of this cake for her graduation party, 4 teirs, all the same shape, not the funky one in the middle, add a board to the top to make it look like a grad cap. So my hope is that I can get all the advice or tips to help me prepare for this. What do you think the finish is, I have been looking at it for a few days and think I am going to try it for her, at least if screw it up they are family and will forgive me! LOL!!!

4 replies
mw902 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 5

Shoot, I did the attatchment wrong! Let me try again!

mw902 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 5

Ok, let me try again! icon_redface.gif
LL

mw902 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:39am
post #4 of 5

aww forget it, i cant get it to work, i will try again tomorrow! thanks for trying guys!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:18am
post #5 of 5

The attachment works, it's just that there's a glitch with CC right now where sometimes people can't see images attached to threads. When you try enough times they eventually come up.

Anyway I'm not sure what you need help with, you only mention wanting help to figure out the finish of the cake. The pic is pretty small so it is hard to see, but it might be marbleized fondant (or maybe that's just my computer screen lol) with some sort of luster dust sprayed or dusted on top to give it a nice pearly sheen.

Other than that I'd make those swirly things out of straight gumpaste and be sure to support the bejeepers out of your 4-tiered cake...and the rest I think you can handle! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%