Bakugan

Decorating By hoopb2 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 12:21am by hoopb2

hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am wanting to make a cake for my nephew for free, So he wants a bakugan cake, it's some new thing out on cartoon network and is new toys boys are into. My question is have any of you ever made a bakugan cake?? I need ideas. THank you so much in advance.

3 replies
jjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjcakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 4

I haven't done one but my kids do like bakugan. They lose the Bakugan all over the house...grrr. The bakugan are little balls that open up into something (think transformers on a small scale). There are cards that are part of the game. I think for a family memeber I'd try and work the cards in fondant somehow and put two real bakugan on the cake!!! I haven't seen the cartoon yet to know more ideas... I'll write more if I think of something.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:51am
post #3 of 4

A sheet style cake decorated as a giant Gate card or Doom card for instance would be cool. You could place open bakugan balls on top ready to brawl.

A closed bakugan ball would just a ball-shaped cake with painted designs on it to indicate which bakugan it is. Does your nephew have a fave? If you wanted to do a cake looking like an OPEN ball, you could use a sports ball pan for the base, reshape the front by carving some away, and use fondant or modeling chocolate for the features.

My son loves bakugan, and is constantly "brawling" and trading w/ his friends. He's even got my three year old daughter telling me she wants a red Dragonoid for her birthday! <sigh>

Best of luck with the cake!

hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement. I will post a picture of what the cake ends up looking like.

Thanks Again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%