Question About Airbrushing

Decorating By peg91170 Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm by peg91170

peg91170 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 5

I think I read on here before that in place of airbrush solution, you can use vodka mixed with gel or liquid food coloring. Is this right? I'm thinking about airbrushing a cake next month, but don't have the right colors for it and I'm trying to avoid a 60 mile round trip to the only store in my area that sells it. TIA!

4 replies
PinkZiab Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

Yes you can, but you must be sure that the gel is 100% COMPLETELY dissolved to avoid clogs, and that you get it thin enough. Basically tint the vodka, rather than thin out the coloring, if that makes any sense.

peg91170 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you SO much!! I totally got what you meant. If I got you right, you were implying to add enough gel to change the color of the vodka, rather than add the vodka to the gel to make it more liquidy. Right?

PinkZiab Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 5


peg91170 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

WOOHOO!! I actually got something right this weekend. ROFL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%