New

Decorating By nopleazn Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm by Meemawfish

nopleazn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all, I'm from the gulf coast.. I am very new at this but I want to start baking and decorating cakes and cup cakes. Part of my problem is that I don't know where to start icon_confused.gif If someone could be so kind and share with me where and how to start.. Thanks[/b]

5 replies
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 6

Start by takine a good decorating class. See if there are any Wilton classes offered in your area.

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 6

Well first of all...WELCOME!

And I agree with Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats.

Find out if you have any classes in your area.

I'm on the third class right now and it's awesome! You really learn a lot.

You can also go to youtube and find a lot of videos there that will teach you the basics. That's how I first started!

Good luck in everything you do!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 6

They're right! I'm fairly new to decorating also. I was so excited about starting my first Wilton course. By the time it started, I had already watched YouTube videos and read forums on everthing we were supposed to learn! There are so many resources out there!

Good Luck and WELCOME to CC!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 6

The wilton's courses are where many people start but check out other possibilities. Your park system may offer courses, that's where I started. Or if you have a cake supply shop in the area they may offer classes or know of where there are non- wilton classes. My objection to wilton classes is the peddling of stuff you don't need or want. Some of their instructors are excellent and others...not so.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 6

You could also go to your local library and read up on cake decorating or buy a few books. I bought a bunch of books at like yard sales and from my library as well. This way you can go back to them whenever you need to. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%