Yikes! No More Cookie Cutters

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 1:35pm by 7yyrt

Joanne1944 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

My favorite cookie cutters will no longer be made. John Newton, Simon's Cookie Cutters has retired, along with all his designs.
I love these cutters and had hoped to add to my small collection. I am am so disappointed, but I am just glad to have the ones I do.
Right now there are just a few original cutters listed on Ebay, but this is the end.

3 replies
7yyrt Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 4:04am
post #2 of 4

Are you certain? The website doesn't say anything about him retiring.
He regularly retires specific designs, could that be what you have read?

Joanne1944 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 11:01am
post #3 of 4

I am certain. John Newton has closed his busines and retired he will not be making any more cookie cutters. I have been in touch with Debi, his wife. All of his designs are retiring with him. There are just a couple of original cutters listed on Ebay, but these are the very last. If you read the item descriptions on Ebay, there is a statement that Simon's has closed.
I had hoped to order a couple more cutters, but wasn't able to. Simon's cutters are the absolute best. I just love the ones I have and wish I had more.

7yyrt Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. For us, anyway; retirement for him can be a good thing.

If you can get in touch with his wife; would you please remind her that the website needs to be updated with the information, and the shopping cart closed? Otherwise they will be getting unexpected orders, especially with Christmas coming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%