Fondant Pearls Using Cutters Or Molds

Decorating By jbrian24 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 12:23pm by cylstrial

jbrian24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbrian24 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone made fondant pearls using either the silicone molds or the pearl cutters from FMM sugarcraft. I need to make some for a wedding cake and would like to know if either of these methods work well. Thanks in advance for any answers.

7 replies
fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 8

I don't like using the molds, but I will use it if I'm in a pinch. I don't know about the cutters. Usually I just roll them by hand.

Missy

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 8

I got the molds and hate them so I also just roll them by hand using Earlenes method.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 8

we make hundreds at a time and keep them always ready. we use the mold that is about 6-8 inches long, it makes a rope of pearls, we just break them apart and roll a little, this way they are all the same size and you don't have to cut one individually out with a cutter or deco. tip. pearl dust them while they are fresh and just store in a tupper ware container

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #5 of 8

I have the molds & love them, I have the one that has 3 rows, a different row for each size. They work really well for me.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

I got the molds and hate them so I also just roll them by hand using Earlenes method.

Banba -- I would love to know Earlenes method...if you wouldn't mind to share!

biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:40pm
post #7 of 8

i use earlene's method, too. it's kind of time consuming but not difficult. actually kind of relaxing after a long day to settle in front of the tv and roll pearls for a couple hours! i make a bunch at a time and store them. she has instructions on her website:

http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm

hth

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:23pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much Biancas_mommy! I love Earlenes website!! Those instructions will be so helpful!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%