Buttercream Distaster Gone Wild

Decorating By lenabean Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm by TheCakeShak

lenabean Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 2

i want to cry a river, friend comes over (who might not be a friend any more LOL) to pick up crib cake well the buttercream decides to have a melt down race on both sides. the top of the crib which is made of half a basket ball pan starts to fall backwards. it was stable so i thought. even had dowels in front and back could could someone please tell me what i did wrong or at least tell me how to do ot right thanks all comments are appreciated icon_cry.gif

1 reply
TheCakeShak Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 2

So very sorry to hear what happened! Question.. has it been really hot or humid there?
Did you use butter? Sometimes the heat and humidity will cause butter creme to develop a mind of its own!

Perhaps next time, if it's really warm and humid,,(I read this somewhere here on cc), to add 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch to your icing mixing. What you do is in a small bowl, combine your corn starch and milk, mix til disolved(corn starch that is), then slowly add mixture to your mix, beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use and or keep in fridge until ready to use, but keep it covered in a air tight container.
Also, check your dates on your ingredients. The fresher, the better..
Good luck,, hope this helps.. Hope someone else has some suggestions too..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%