What Do You Think Of This Flavor Combination??

Decorating By chelseafitz Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 4:12am by mom2leelee

chelseafitz Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 4

So the other day I had a major sweet tooth and made a reeses pieces and vanilla ice cream shake...as I was eating I thought hmmm.
What if I made a vanilla cake, filled it with a peanut butter mousse with ground up reeses peices mixed in the mouse, and a chocolate ganache poured over the cake?
What do you think would it be good, or overkill?
Do you think I need to put in some kind of vanilla whipped cream to lessen the richness?
I think I am going to try it tonight, but any input from any of you awesome cake bakers (who I bow down to every day for giving me such geat ideas on this site) would be much appreciated.

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #2 of 4

It sounds *wonderful* to meicon_smile.gif Let us know how it turns out.....better yet........send me some!

chelseafitz Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 4

Well I ended up making WASC cupcakes but with no almond and double the vanilla. I made the peanut butter mousse from this site but used 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 reeses peanut butter chips. I filled the cupcakes with the mousse and frosted with a thin layer of chocolate ganache and then piped a big swirl of vanilla buttercream on top and sprinkled some of the crushed candy on top. They were pretty darn good, next time I might try to top with chocolate fondant instead of the ganache just to give it a cleaner look

mom2leelee Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #4 of 4

Those look delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%