I Want To Do This Too!

Business By lhayes1976 Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 5:06pm by mommyle

lhayes1976 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to do something similar to this:
www.heycupcake.com
Does anyone else sell from a mobile kitchen? How does licensing work? Would there be a copyright issue, since I live at least 1000 miles from Austin. I would of course come up with a dfferent name.

5 replies
Naturepixie Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 6

I have no clue about any of that..sorry!! But it does sound like a neat idea. Is there a such thing as a mobile kitchen for baking? You could always bake a big bunch of them and take them to the stand and when you sell them all close up shop... Just a thought!! You could also put out a suggestion box out asking what flavors they would be interested in...

lhayes1976 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 6

I would have to get a home kitchen license. That would mean turning a room in my basement into a kitchen. I would do it in a minute, but DH is very opposed to the idea. I thought maybe if I started out with a mobile kitchen and it actually went over, I could move into something more permanent.

kakeladi Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 6

I think one of your 1st stops should be a call to the health dept (dept of Ag?) to find out if such is possible, and how to go about it.
I don't see where there would be a copyright issue if you change the name.

GeminiRJ Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 6

You've probably seen those mobile food trucks that sell at construction sites or in the cities. We have one in Omaha that a charity runs, and it distributes food to the homeless from a mobile home. Ziggytarheel had a post about someone who uses an Airstream to sell cupcakes from. If it can be licensed by the health department, I don't see why you couldn't do it! Check with city codes about a vendors license and if you can sell in parking lots and such.

mommyle Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhayes1976

I would have to get a home kitchen license. That would mean turning a room in my basement into a kitchen. I would do it in a minute, but DH is very opposed to the idea. I thought maybe if I started out with a mobile kitchen and it actually went over, I could move into something more permanent.

My DH was totally opposed to taking over a room in the basement too. After a couple of HUGE fights, we finally came to an agreement where both of us are happy. Now it is his responsiblitiy to talk to my parents icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Hash it out, you might come to an agreement like we did. He's now even thinking about doing the wiring himself and buying me a big screen tv for the wall and how to hook it up to the rest of the house. He's awesome when he wants to be icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%