Oklahoma State Sugar Show...anyone Been???

Decorating By shellzey Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 2:46am by cakesbyallison

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm
post #31 of 43

I'll be there too, as a spectator. It's the only thing I wanted for my birthday, and I'm going! Woohoo! icon_smile.gif I'll be there Saturday all day, coming up from just north of Dallas. I'm so excited!!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #32 of 43

we should all put like a sticker or something on our shirts so we can recognize each other haha

it would be so neat to meet some of the people that we are always talking to on the computer.

I would have loved to enter something in but did not think about it in time and also a little scared to do so. When I start thinking about doing competitions I always start to doubt that I am good enough to enter. So this will be my first time going to this show and I am just going to scope it out and see how everything works with the competitions

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:55pm
post #33 of 43

I thought that too! I'd be willing to wear a sticker or even a piece of tape w/the letters "CC" on it! That way we'd know each other immediately!

tdybear1978 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:09pm
post #34 of 43

the CC would be good maybe get something like a round sticker and put that in the middle - maybe then we won't look so weird walking around with tape on our shirts haha

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #35 of 43

this will be fun. i'm from oklahoma city and i'll be there on saturday. i'll wear a sticker as well. i look forward to meeting some of you there =)

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #36 of 43

I will be there with my dog cake and my hottie husband and four kiddos.

Please come and say HI!

tdybear1978 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:26pm
post #37 of 43

Shellzey, where in OKC are you? I am in moore, unfortunately I have to cater a wedding on sat so I won't get to go until sunday

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 3:01pm
post #38 of 43

I've been the past few years, and entered a cake for the wedding competition last year! So fun! (I got a bronze!) But I am SO sad I won't be coming this year. We just moved to San Diego this summer, with fixing up the house, endless company, and little time for preparation, no cake for me this year icon_sad.gif

There's always next year! It is so much for - you guys are going to love it!

tdybear1978 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 8:15pm
post #39 of 43

for those of you who have gone - I am sure there is much to purchase but how much (approximately) money should I come with? What kind of things can you buy out there? this may be a weird question, but is the building cold? I am very cold nature and not sure if I should wear pants or go with capris and sandals haha

nhanifan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhanifan Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:09am
post #40 of 43

I'm soooooo excited to go this year! I'm flying into Tyler, TX tomorrow and my best friend and I will drive up on Friday. I'm just so excited! Does anyone know if any of the demos will be free? So what type of vendors will be there? Now I'm even more excited! I would wear something to let others know I'm a CCer. OH and good luck to those who are entering the competition!

tdybear1978 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:16pm
post #41 of 43

yeah, I am real curious about the vendors and demos too

tdybear1978 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:17pm
post #42 of 43

yeah, I am real curious about the vendors and demos too

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:46am
post #43 of 43

Well if you haven't left already... there are demos throughout the day, they are free! Get there early though so you can get a seat! As far as vendors... there are some, but not many. There's usually someone there from Satin Ice, and a chocolate company (yummy samples!), a software company, the lady is usually there from "Stress Free" cake supports, and someone selling cutters/molds... maybe a dozen or so.

Have fun!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%