Buying New Cake Pans - Any Suggestions?

Decorating By ccarroca Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 5:18pm by xstitcher

ccarroca Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #1 of 9

I was going to use my 50%off michaels coupon and buy the aluminum round pan set - are these any good? How high do you all fill them and what temp do you use for them?

8 replies
xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:44am
post #2 of 9

I like my magic line cake pans and I hear that Fat Daddios are pretty good too! The only Wilton pan I have is the oval that came with the kit and I find them pretty light weigh compared to the Magic Line. Although my cake did bake just fine in it!

Do you have a store that might carry cake pans made from different companies so you can compare them?

It also depends on how much you want to spend as well. icon_smile.gif

yvy_cano Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:54am
post #3 of 9

I love my daddio, ALL my pans with the exception of my ball pan and wondermold are daddio. I couldnt be happier. icon_biggrin.gif

ccarroca Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:01am
post #4 of 9

I have good 8 and 9 inch pans, but was looking for a 10 and 6 so I can make a tiered cake. Kind of sad because I would like two of everything so I didn't have to tort a 2 inch cake - too hard. I might invest in a 3 inch set of pans so I don't have to cook twice or tort the 2 inch.

I have a lot of interest, but I am waiting to see if my little endeavor picks up.

xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:39am
post #5 of 9

You could always try this technique also to get a "taller" cake:

xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:44am
post #6 of 9

Sorry I missed your question about baking time, temp and how much batter to add to the pan:

Here's some info for 2" deep pans:

and for 3" deep pans:

I usually bake most of my cakes @ 325 degrees and add a flower nail for the larger cakes and sometimes I use the bake even strips (although you could use strips of towels for this too) and fill the pan usually about 2/3 full but sometimes even 3/4 full (my kids like the scraps icon_lol.gif ).

ccarroca Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much!!!

UltimateCakes Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 9

I just recently purchased the Wilton 9" rounds. All baking info is on the back side of insert. It tells what temp, how long, and how much cake batter to put in each one. I used it on my 3D Diego Jungle Waterfall cake. Works wonders!! - although I've never tried anything else lol

xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 9

Your welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%