The Ups Man Just Left!

Decorating By Price Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 8:09pm by Price

Price Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 8

He just delivered my Pasta Roller attachment for my KA! I can't wait to get a chance to use it. I will be making a cake in 2 weeks for my Nephew's 40th Birthday! Hummmm, I'm sure I can find a reason to put fondant accents all over that cake! lol.

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 8

Be sure to take some scrap fondant and run it thru over and over and over and over........etc until you can put a fresh piece in and it no longer turn grayicon_sad.gif
Somne take longer than others.
Take a paper towel and wipe it down 1st...maybe even run it thru.....don't make it too thick.

xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Be sure to take some scrap fondant and run it thru over and over and over and over........etc until you can put a fresh piece in and it no longer turn grayicon_sad.gif
Somne take longer than others.
Take a paper towel and wipe it down 1st...maybe even run it thru.....don't make it too thick.

Great advice!

I had the same issue except it was with buttercream. I ended up leaving the machine on for a while just to make sure all excess oil came off!

icon_smile.gif

rcs Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 8

I'm sure you'll have fun!! I've really enjoyed mine.

tiggy2 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 8

I just bought one too but haven't had a chance to use it. Thanks for the tip on getting the oil out, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Malakin Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 8

Do these pasta rollers do a very good job? Or does a lot of the fondant end up sticking or not coming out smooth like the hand rolled machines? Can you use gumpaste with the pasta roller also?

arosstx Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 8

OMGosh! I love mine. I use it for fondant and gumpaste. It definitely makes life easier and it's great to know that all your cutouts are the exact same thickness. Have fun w/ your new tool - not toy - tool!

Price Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the advice. I finally got a chance to use the pasta roller today for the first time! I LOVE IT! I think it is going to be well worth the money! I am making a figure for a cake I'm going to be doing for my nephew's 40th birthday, so I have only been making little pieces. I was able to get the fondant so thin and even! I can't wait to make a cake that needs a fondant ribbon border! Too bad I only decorate as a hobby so I don't get much opportunity to practice or try new things. I have a little neice turning 5 in Nov., maybe I'll volunteer to make her cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%